Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently discovered something on my 97 Diablo that is pretty disconcerting regarding damage or warping of the engine door. I don't think I noticed it before because the top was always mounted on it. Looking forward at the left edge of the engine cover I have a gap of a about 1/2" between cover and car. In the first 18" front to back, within 3" from left edge there is a slight waviness and dullness to the paint [looks like it has been re-painted]. The dealer that sold it to me tells me now that this happens to a lot of Diablo's, especially roadsters, from excessive heat. Since I have had it I know it has never been hot enough do do anything like this. It also looks like the support hinge may be out of adjustment, but there is definitely a greater bow in the left side . [I put a pic of normal right side too] Anybody seen anything similar and what is the best fix. Thanks, Dave :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I think you will find it is pretty common. Even the initial fit was a little marginal. I had my shop spend some time on adjusting things. Part of the issue is that the hinges had bent slightly from normal use. I can only give you one critical tip and that is if you start trying to adjust the cover, keep a very close eye on the front clearance ie the edge under the rear window.

-mick

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow, i hadn't heard that happening before i'm glad dhard brought this up. I'm going to have to keep an eye on mine as well.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it is warping, maybe it is because you always kept the roof on there, and trapped more engine heat than normally would have occurred ??? :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
rampante said:
If it is warping, maybe it is because you always kept the roof on there, and trapped more engine heat than normally would have occurred ??? :)
I think it's more that after miles & use things settle & change and they need to be "tweeked" (adjusted) to keep them in correct alignment.

At least this is my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts