Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving 300 miles through storm, wiper stopped working right in the middle of stroke. Checked fuse and that’s not the issue. Cleaner squirts out bit wiper won’t move. Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Check if power goes to the wiper motor. If you have power either the motor is burnt out or the bushings of the wiper arms may be seized. Dismantle, sand, and lube.
If no power check power at the fuse.

· Registered
2,380 Posts
Check your arm mount to the geared tooth on the car. I had that fail in my '03 leaving NYC en route to northern MI in the middle of a downpour. If you're lucky and it only loosened up, you can simply remove the wiper arm, reposition it and tighten.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Removed the motor with the help of a wiper arm removal tool. Tested it with a power probe and it just buzzed. Opened up the assembly and the gear is cracked. Ordered and received a new wiper motor assembly and bench tested it with the power probe and it works. Plugged it into the car, moved the stalk down and nothing. Unplugged the motor again and checked the pins from the wiper timer module for 12v. The only pin with 12v was not the pin that I had to probe with the power probe for the motor to run. Do i have a bad wiper timer module too? A replacement costs $2400!

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Update: Removed the motor with the help of a wiper arm removal tool. Tested it with a power probe and it just buzzed. Opened up the assembly and the gear is cracked. Ordered and received a new wiper motor assembly and bench tested it with the power probe and it works. Plugged it into the car, moved the stalk down and nothing. Unplugged the motor again and checked the pins from the wiper timer module for 12v. The only pin with 12v was not the pin that I had to probe with the power probe for the motor to run. Do i have a bad wiper timer module too? A replacement costs $2400!
So basically you are saying the pin is in the wrong position in the connector? If so can't you disconnect that pin from the connector and relocate it to the correct spot?

If it can't be done I'd bypass that connector and connect wires with individual connectors or buy a generic connector and wire it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.