Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive come across an electronic power steering system that i think could be good for early un power assisted lambos, check out dc electronics - epas

this system mounts under the dash on the sterring column between the steering wheel and the rack and can have the sensativity ajusted and even comes with the option that it can deactivate at a set speed.
so for example you set it so it only works below 20mph when you need it for parking and is as normal on the highway!

im seriously considering fitting one to my 1991 diablo, what do you think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
have you successfully installed it? how much they want for the part? As i understand it, we don't need to change the power sterring rack???

·
Registered
8 Posts
The early non-power steering cars actually steer fairly easy and are lighter and more reliable without having a pump and lines. Your Gallardo already has power steering, so was is it your asking?
My 04 Gallardo has power steering failure, as there is a shaft with splines that strips and no longer engages pump. The cost to retro fit with EPAS is about the same than replacing the power steering pump and a plate that is recommended, plus the fact that engine must come out to replace PS support plate while EPAS is straight forward install. I’m just wondering if anyone has done this conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts