Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel like there are driving a 500hp propeller airplane when the fans are on? And as you know, they are on a lot. They take too much away from the "exotic" feeling in my book. When you can hear fans over exhaust notes, it's a problem. People outside the car have commented it sounds like a huge refrigerator/icebox coming down the road.

I know I am not alone, any comments or suggestions other then get a louder exhaust or ear plugs?? This is one thing I really cannot stand about this car. Just makes it feel CHEAP. The 360 spider I had before this made music moving slow, fast, or stopped.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like something in wrong with the car, I havent noticed that or heard about that in any gallardo as of yet. You should get it checked. Where did u get the car from?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh, I've heard it plenty. Sort of sounds like a turbine engine. Haven't decided if it's cool or dumb, yet. ( Or, now a 3rd choice -- a defect ? )

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Yes, the fans are noisy, but isn't that everyone else's problem? You can't really hear them unless you are standing outside the car.

I agree it would be nicer if it didn't make the fan noise, but what alternative is there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a question, when we say noisy, just how noisy are we talking about. The Icebox analogy is a bit of an exaggeration...no?

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
I agree, exhaust notes need to be louder from the factory, It's part of the car's mistique and they shouldn't be able to sneek up on you. Unfortunatley it's all part of the over refinement of all new performance/exotic cars, which make them rather dull.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
jdk said:
Just a question, when we say noisy, just how noisy are we talking about. The Icebox analogy is a bit of an exaggeration...no?
As noisy as a very powerful exhaust fan from a building. :eek: Definitely quite unusual !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love the fans! They clear the leaves from my driveway and you know what? They keep the car cool in any environment, road or track. It takes a lot of air to cool 500 hp especially with the small openings involved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Polar Peter said:
Anyone else feel like there are driving a 500hp propeller airplane when the fans are on? And as you know, they are on a lot. They take too much away from the "exotic" feeling in my book. When you can hear fans over exhaust notes, it's a problem. People outside the car have commented it sounds like a huge refrigerator/icebox coming down the road.

I know I am not alone, any comments or suggestions other then get a louder exhaust or ear plugs?? This is one thing I really cannot stand about this car. Just makes it feel CHEAP. The 360 spider I had before this made music moving slow, fast, or stopped.
360 makes a lot less power, hence quiet fans!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts