Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've owned both... very much a personal choice of course, but for me, I preference-gear, only downside is the potential issues wrt actuators and pumps etc...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi. Did a quick search so hopefully not a duplicate topic.

I have a 2005 eGear. My mechanic has offered to convert it to manual for me for minimal cost (i hate eGear).

Has anyone ever attempted this conversion? Is it simple? Does that car accept the change or will I be bombarded with error codes and other un forecast issues?

What, if any effect do you think it would have on the potential resale of the car?

I love the idea of being rid of this horrid transmission but am a bit worried ill end up with a 'bitsa', with ill fitting equipment etc.

:)
Sell it and buy a manual, you will take a massive value hit for an aftermarket change like that which is frowned upon in the lamborghini world. Would not even consider it. The electrical and software are not compatible. Its like trying to sell a twin turbo G fun to drive but from an investment point its a huge loser.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Your statement above simply states your inability and lack of skill in driving a manual. It is not the characteristics of a properly driven manual.

Actually if you can properly drive a manual you have much more control than with an E-Gear. Also if you can drive a clutch in a proper manner it wears much slower than an E-Gear. As far as starting, city driving, or general shifting it can be softer and more gentle than an E-Gear if you have the skill and can properly drive a manual.
I also agree, i have driven a manual G and was not thrilled, the car and mechanicals were in excellent working order and still found the movement very clunky less than smooth and almost impossible to "rip" through the gears like i do with my Egear.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I also agree, i have driven a manual G and was not thrilled, the car and mechanicals were in excellent working order and still found the movement very clunky less than smooth and almost impossible to "rip" through the gears like i do with my Egear.
Gated manual is not clunky? It has a long throw. That is part of the fun of it. Driven properly you can shift quite fast. Not as fast as an e gear agreed. But you don't shift an e gear you pull paddles. Not much skill needed and no tactical feel.

·
Registered
406 Posts
each to their own, I have a racing background and I love my manual G.
I always wanted a supercar with a gated shifter, and to me it just doesn't feel right without a foot clutch, even though i know its slower.

·
Vendor
2,496 Posts
Gated manual is not clunky? It has a long throw. That is part of the fun of it. Driven properly you can shift quite fast. Not as fast as an e gear agreed. But you don't shift an e gear you pull paddles. Not much skill needed and no tactical feel.

There is definitely skill needed for e gear. If you do it wrong, it won’t last as long, like any manual. I swear, anyone with egear has to have a lot experience with driving a manual. You must still treat an egear/F1 car like a manual. It still has a clutch and you have to think like it’s a manual in every way. It still is. I’ve have a s2000 that I’ve had since new and know what I’m doing with manual/gated cars and this car must be driven and thought of in this way. It’s a blast and I love every minute of it! This is from a guy that’s has had MANUAL ONLY sports cars, but now I’m a convert. It’s simply awesome.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Improper e gear use will prematurely wear the clutch agreed. The paddles are simply a switch and therefore you cannot regulate the engagement. It is all or nothing. Not the same as a manual which you can feather the engagement and change the engagement speed. You can feel the pressure through the clutch pedal and regulate and control the engagement.

·
Vendor
2,496 Posts
My shop (that did my ppi, etc) will do maybe 2 cars for around $10k each. This is cost and free labor. Call or text for more info. 717-319-2100

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, can anyone share all the parts needed for a conversion for LP560 egear to manual? Looking to do the conversion this year!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Nobody can shift gears manually faster than the LP Egear that's 100 true.

Egear Gallardos are faster than manual Gallardos.
TT Gallardos Egear are faster than manual TT Gallardos.

I do appreciate the old school feeling but Egear is faster that's why nobody is making manual high performance cars anymore.
The Gated Manual enjoyment and challenge is more important to many than the half a second slower time from 0-60.

FYI, A RWD manual is faster than an AWD E Gear.
lamborghini-gallardo-acceleration-comparison-graph.jpg

41 - 54 of 54 Posts