Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Nobody can shift gears manually faster than the LP Egear that's 100 true.

Egear Gallardos are faster than manual Gallardos.
TT Gallardos Egear are faster than manual TT Gallardos.

I do appreciate the old school feeling but Egear is faster that's why nobody is making manual high performance cars anymore.
That is true but sad. Speed and ease of driving over feel and connection with the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The new Cayman GT4 only comes in manual by popular demand they said. Pretty nice car with GT3 parts,991 3.8 liter engine , good package under $100k.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The new Cayman GT4 only comes in manual by popular demand they said. Pretty nice car with GT3 parts,991 3.8 liter engine , good package under $100k.
I had a Cayman, loads of fun. the GT4 looks hot! 50K less then a GT3 AND available in manual. This is going to be a home run for Porsche!

·
Registered
229 Posts
That is true but sad. Speed and ease of driving over feel and connection with the car.
Which do f1 and nascar racers use to win? Surely those teams and drivers are skillful and are in absolute connection with their cars.

Disk brakes over drum brakes for example, I think superior technology should embraced and not be banned or dismissed because a small minority dislike it.

imo the factory should at least offer the option for either for a new car buyer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Which do f1 and nascar racers use to win? Surely those teams and drivers are skillful and are in absolute connection with their cars.
Yes when you are driving a car at 9 or 10/10ths, there is plenty of driver involvement in a flappy paddle car. At anything less than that, you are less connected than with a manual.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'm of the opinion that the reason so many people (usually entry level buyers) are so enamored of getting a manual is not the "connection" to the car, but more the FEAR of replacing an E-Gear system that they read horror stories about.

The last thing I wanted was a manual, I wanted the the NEW technology.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your statement above simply states your inability and lack of skill in driving a manual. It is not the characteristics of a properly driven manual.

Actually if you can properly drive a manual you have much more control than with an E-Gear. Also if you can drive a clutch in a proper manner it wears much slower than an E-Gear. As far as starting, city driving, or general shifting it can be softer and more gentle than an E-Gear if you have the skill and can properly drive a manual.
Well said. If you are driving a manual and can smell burning clutch then there isn't a single system you can blame other than yourself.

Real men drive stick! ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm of the opinion that the reason so many people (usually entry level buyers) are so enamored of getting a manual is not the "connection" to the car, but more the FEAR of replacing an E-Gear system that they read horror stories about.

The last thing I wanted was a manual, I wanted the the NEW technology.
I kind of agree. Manual is very fun, but can become a drag for some, it's a matter of taste of suppose.

I think the E-gear definitely takes a lot of skill to master. Just from reading the forums, the "horror" story is how the clutch is something that will enviably need replacing. Except for the few high mile egear drivers on here, who still have original clutches and lots of remaining life, those are the experienced drivers who really know the feel of the car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yust bumping a threed as usual

Hello guys

Sorry for bumping as usual.
Curently have a 2006 SE E-Gear thoug im a stick guy.. anny way... I kind of got use to go without anny clutch when i bought my first vw Dsg gearbox..

Stick or E-gear?

For sure depens a lot how you drive youre car and when. Track day with a manual gallardo for sure sounds boring... Going with a E-gear during winter for sure isent tempting... Drifting or Mountan Rally E-gear car's suck....
As for a Lamborghini Gallardo or a super car as it is dont think i would ever trade it in for a manual even thoug there isent anny Lamborghini service point in Norway :evil:

Both options for sure gives you a difrent driving experiance you yust have choose the option that suits youre driving style

Thanks guys:)

Bjørn:wave:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Hello guys

Sorry for bumping as usual.
Curently have a 2006 SE E-Gear thoug im a stick guy.. anny way... I kind of got use to go without anny clutch when i bought my first vw Dsg gearbox..

Stick or E-gear?

For sure depens a lot how you drive youre car and when. Track day with a manual gallardo for sure sounds boring... Going with a E-gear during winter for sure isent tempting... Drifting or Mountan Rally E-gear car's suck....
As for a Lamborghini Gallardo or a super car as it is dont think i would ever trade it in for a manual even thoug there isent anny Lamborghini service point in Norway :evil:

Both options for sure gives you a difrent driving experiance you yust have choose the option that suits youre driving style

Thanks guys:)

Bjørn:wave:

A Manual Transmission is what makes track day challenging and fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
so have you done it or still waiting for others permission ?
clutch in manual has longer life, no need to change f1 pump and re program from time to time a lot of failure in egear system even in ferrari and maserati I also believe maserati changed from F1 to complete automatic.

if its manual you always have control on the car and sure depends on your skills

I own lp and I bought all the parts to do the conversation but still didn't find how to bypass the egear starter relay, does the car will start without the egear system or i need stand alone ecu
i have done this conversation in ferrari and just small bypass plug loop and the car will start

21 - 40 of 54 Posts