Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Did a quick search so hopefully not a duplicate topic.

I have a 2005 eGear. My mechanic has offered to convert it to manual for me for minimal cost (i hate eGear).

Has anyone ever attempted this conversion? Is it simple? Does that car accept the change or will I be bombarded with error codes and other un forecast issues?

What, if any effect do you think it would have on the potential resale of the car?

I love the idea of being rid of this horrid transmission but am a bit worried ill end up with a 'bitsa', with ill fitting equipment etc.

:)

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I would swap the car for one that came with a manual from the factory and was set up for it.

LP Manual's are extremely rare. About 50 cars for the US were produced. About half of those being the LP560-2 50TH Anniversary Edition. A greater number of the early cars had manuals but I have only done the research on the LP numbers.
I think you can find an SE manual but it will take awhile. They are rare. I believe the manual cars have and are filtering to the ones that desire a manual and most that have them will be hanging on to their cars. Especially since they are no longer being produced. Good luck with your search if you do.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The conversion has been done. There was a thread on here where an owner posted his conversion as it progressed.He only had an Egear light on afterwards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the best advice in your situation is - take manual gallardo and drive it for a few days.

for me personally (I own e-gear gallardo and took manual g for a test-drive) e-gear is MUCH better than manual because it REALLY helps you to hadle all the horsepower in a right and convenient way.

when I drove manual g I was finding it REALLY difficult to put the car into move on the first gear in a slight and calm city-mode - instead, the result was either I was burning the clutch or the car horribly rocketed forwards making me feeling VERY desperate.

you don't have such starts on e-gear - it's much easier gearbox to handle than manual.

on the move it's the same - feel like manual car has much more demand to the driver's skill than e-gear!

just try manual gallardo for a few days and decide for yourself - but don't do conversion before, you may be very upset upon the result.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,513 Posts
I think that modification would hurt resale and open a potential can of worms. If you have to have a manual I would sell the car and buy a new one with manual.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
the best advice in your situation is - take manual gallardo and drive it for a few days.

for me personally (I own e-gear gallardo and took manual g for a test-drive) e-gear is MUCH better than manual because it REALLY helps you to hadle all the horsepower in a right and convenient way.

when I drove manual g I was finding it REALLY difficult to put the car into move on the first gear in a slight and calm city-mode - instead, the result was either I was burning the clutch or the car horribly rocketed forwards making me feeling VERY desperate.

you don't have such starts on e-gear - it's much easier gearbox to handle than manual.

on the move it's the same - feel like manual car has much more demand to the driver's skill than e-gear.
just try manual gallardo for a few days and decide for yourself - but don't do conversion before, you may be very upset upon the result.

Your statement above simply states your inability and lack of skill in driving a manual. It is not the characteristics of a properly driven manual.

Actually if you can properly drive a manual you have much more control than with an E-Gear. Also if you can drive a clutch in a proper manner it wears much slower than an E-Gear. As far as starting, city driving, or general shifting it can be softer and more gentle than an E-Gear if you have the skill and can properly drive a manual.

·
Registered
46 Posts

on the move it's the same - feel like manual car has much more demand to the driver's skill than e-gear.

Your statement above simply states your inability and lack of skill in driving a manual. It is not the characteristics of a properly driven manual.

Actually if you can properly drive a manual you have much more control than with an E-Gear. Also if you can drive a clutch in a proper manner it wears much slower than an E-Gear. As far as starting, city driving, or general shifting it can be softer and more gentle than an E-Gear if you have the skill and can properly drive a manual.
Your statement above simply states you aren't aware of the subject.

To start, i drove 700+bhp manual cars and know what is it to shift manually in the city.

Minus to you here.

Second. You can never be better than e-gear.

Third. On a manual car - if you try driving it like a e-gear - you will destroy clutch at 300% faster pace.

P.S. Study subject carefulyy before saying things about soneones inability to shift

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Your statement above simply states you aren't aware of the subject.

To start, i drove 700+bhp manual cars and know what is it to shift manually in the city.

Minus to you here.

Third. On a manual car - if you try driving it like a e-gear - you will destroy clutch at 300% faster pace.

P.S. Study subject carefulyy before saying things about soneones inability to shift
You are entitled to your opinion. I totally disagree and stand by my statement.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've commented on this before. If the conversion is done right, using all OEM parts then it is mechanically the same as a factory built manual and in my opinion will not detract from the value and in fact likely add value. Maybe some 20+ years down the road these cars may start to appreciate from a collectible stand point and then you might argue that the conversion may cost some value as it's not all original but that is a looooong ways off. There are 14000 Gallardos out there and about 13000 special editions in some form or another so I say convert it. It's something that I'm considering myself.

In fact I'll go so far as to say this will become a common practice in the future and more and more shops will offer the conversion. I'm expecting to start seeing this in the F360 / F430 market as well.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Nobody can shift gears manually faster than the LP Egear that's 100 true.

Egear Gallardos are faster than manual Gallardos.
TT Gallardos Egear are faster than manual TT Gallardos.

I do appreciate the old school feeling but Egear is faster that's why nobody is making manual high performance cars anymore.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Plus a Factory Manual will have more value down the road as it is original and not a conversion.
Yeap... Pre LP Gallardos, manual are holding the value better (5k up to 10k more than Egear Gallardos) the same with the LP Gallardos or even more because they make less manual LP Gallardos.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts