Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 06 Gallardo is stuck in neutral with NO flashing"R". I just replaced a busted line and then I bleed the system with both bleeder valves. It was working while I was bleeding the system but toward the end it stopped registering on the dash.

When i press "R" or use the shifter the pump turns on but seems to have a different sound every other time. I can hear the pump kick in but the dash does not register nor does it actually go in gear.

Electrical?
Faulty pump?

I live 3 hours from Lamborghini Atlanta and my kids have been anticipating a ride in the car to our elementary school father daughter dance on Friday the 17th.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Any suggestions thanks in advance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
If pump sounds different make sure you have build in the reservoir. You may have also had a weak pump that let go.

If the actuator was the problem you would have a flashing light 99% of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The system was working fine before the line burst. Then the flashing occurred until i replaced the line. I could have driven it just before i bled the system. However I wanted to make sure I bled it. It did have some air in both areas but not too bad. I believe I bled the system pretty good. It's weird that you can hear/feel the pump kick in when told too, but no action or registering at dash!

·
Registered
927 Posts
You would have to bleed the system due to a line burst as all your fluid would drain. you could have burned the pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe you are correct. The pump was working pretty hard before I realized the original problem. Then I worked it pretty good with the bleeding process. I just noticed that now it also dose not work when I open the door, so I think I did burn it up. Well at least this should be one less thing I will have to worry about breaking anytime soon. Even though with less than 5000 miles I would not have thought the line would have burst the way it did.
Anyway thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the ignition on I went from neutral to reverse and neutral to first. A buddy loosened the screws as we did this several times to make sure there was no more air.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Looks like all the Italian restaurants have one of these in it, where u live Gvan? LOL!

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem solved

As it turned out, the egear actuator had a catastrophic failure which put metal shavings through out the system. The entire egear was replaced for a whopping 25k.

Anyway thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> As it turned out, the egear actuator had a catastrophic failure which put
> metal shavings through out the system. The entire egear was replaced
> for a whopping 25k.

Can you be more specific, please?

What was replaced? The actuator assembly? Hoses? The transmission? Both?

Do you have pictures of the failed component(s)?

I ask because the actuator's E-gear fluid circuit (for hydraulic purposes) and
the transmission filled with oil (for lubrication purposes)... well, I wanna see
what failed, and which metal shavings went where.

(Back when one of my E-gear hoses failed, I got to see my actuator and all,
and I am having a hard time visualizing your failure.)

·
Registered
927 Posts
> As it turned out, the egear actuator had a catastrophic failure which put
> metal shavings through out the system. The entire egear was replaced
> for a whopping 25k.

Can you be more specific, please?

What was replaced? The actuator assembly? Hoses? The transmission? Both?

Do you have pictures of the failed component(s)?

I ask because the actuator's E-gear fluid circuit (for hydraulic purposes) and
the transmission filled with oil (for lubrication purposes)... well, I wanna see
what failed, and which metal shavings went where.

(Back when one of my E-gear hoses failed, I got to see my actuator and all,
and I am having a hard time visualizing your failure.)
When this happens the dealers like to replace the complete egear system. Actuator, pump, valve body, accumulator and lines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Warranty. Its a 2005 but has only 5000 miles.

I took the car to Lambo Dealer number "1" and he told me because I put in an off brand of fluid in the system to track down the original leak, that I ruined the system. I did not like their explanation to why they need to do a $25000 repair since the system was never operated with this "bad" fluid.

I picked the car up the next day and took in to Lambo Dealer number "2". They found the shavings and explained it to me. I probably could have talked them in to selectively repairing the system. However an egear line/pipe burst to start all of this off, so I figured to go ahead and take their recomendation and replace it all.

The old system is in the mail coming my way. I am looking forward to examining this thing.

I almost forgot how exciting this thing is to drive. I have already forgotten about the 25k. Now just looking forward to getting my moneys worth out of it, by driving it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts