Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have my gallardo in the shop right now and was waiting on a diagnosis. The lamborghini dealership finally came up and said I needed my egear pump replaced, and the quote would be $10,000 and some change. This seems very very high to me and I said that and he told me well it need a lot of stuff to replace the egear pump and the parts are around 4500 and then labor. I asked for an itemized list of everything and he’s sending it to me in the morning.What do you guys think is that ridiculously high?
Thanks

·
Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder | FI Titanium exhaust | Swift Sport Springs | Fabspeed ECU Tune
78 Posts
Sorry to hear what you’re going through. It’s no surprise that the stealership is charging you that much. $10k is typically the price of a CLUTCH replacement, not an egear pump swap.

For reference, I got my oil change and spark plugs changed for about $1,700 total at an independent shop. The dealership wanted to charge close to $5k.

Try to find an independent shop near you if possible. Cost of parts should be relatively the same but you’ll save a ton on labor. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear what you’re going through. It’s no surprise that the stealership is charging you that much. $10k is typically the price of a CLUTCH replacement, not an egear pump swap.

For reference, I got my oil change and spark plugs changed for about $1,700 total at an independent shop. The dealership wanted to charge close to $5k.

Try to find an independent shop near you if possible. Cost of parts should be relatively the same but you’ll save a ton on labor. Good luck.
Okay thanks for the insight. I’m only 22 so sometimes I feel like people are trying to slip things by me being young haha but I’m glad to hear that sounded about right. 6500 or so in labor sounded like a LOT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay thanks for the insight. I’m only 22 so sometimes I feel like people are trying to slip things by me being young haha but I’m glad to hear that sounded about right. 6500 or so in labor sounded like a LOT
Where are you located? you might get some shop pointers.

·
Vendor
1,623 Posts
Thats a lot more than what you need to pay. I sell these often and in stock OEM and Ferrari pump replacement also. There is a hug price gap and thats way too much they are charging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a lot more than what you need to pay. I sell these often and in stock OEM and Ferrari pump replacement also. There is a hug price gap and thats way too much they are charging.
What would you say a proper quote would be?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is your G a Lp or pre Lp. I replaced my egear pump in my pre lp Spyder took about an hr. I used the original sized one cause you can't upgrade the pump In the Spyder space wise. Cost £200. Direct fit no need for removing hoses or bleeding. See link below

I found out after it's a Alfa selespeed pump at around £90. But I'm still happy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
37 Posts
lambo dealer in Australia charges anywhere form $6800- $8900 for a pump , or you can buy from the manufacturer Magneti Marelli part number 086 901 O37 for around $1200 aud . I just did this with my superleggera and the dealer has now fitted it ( as they have stated the part is identical to what they sell ) . my mate has 3 on the shelf if you wanna ship from oz let me know and I’ll give you his details

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the information, you guys have been very helpful. I’m waiting for an itemized list and I’ll send it here when I get it to see exactly what is so expensive

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera 2013 LP570-4
160 Posts
99.999% Chance it's merely the pump motor and not the actual hydraulic pump itself, What is the issue your car is having?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: just got sent the quote as well as $4300 in labor turns out it is more than just the pump they are replacing the hydraulic and actuator as well feel a lot better about the quote.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera 2013 LP570-4
160 Posts
The car wouldn’t go into 1st gear or reverse, it’s stuck in neutral. And when opening the door the pump no longer primes.
Part 086398162A is the entire power unit for the egear, if the pump isn't priming when you open the door and you've checked the fuse they're referencing (Part# N01713115) then my money is on the electric motor for the pump. The dealership won't just change the motor, as usual they'll change an entire assembly because the factory doesn't sell just the motor. I think I'd do a little more research before I flushed $5100 down the drain to only find out it was a $300.00 pump motor that you could swap out yourself in a few hours with basic hand tools. The motor cooking is a common issue along with the relay going bad and the fuse blowing.

·
Vendor
1,810 Posts
Is your G a Lp or pre Lp. I replaced my egear pump in my pre lp Spyder took about an hr. I used the original sized one cause you can't upgrade the pump In the Spyder space wise. Cost £200. Direct fit no need for removing hoses or bleeding. See link below

I found out after it's a Alfa selespeed pump at around £90. But I'm still happy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately this will not work on his Gallardo.

·
Vendor
1,810 Posts
Update: just got sent the quote as well as $4300 in labor turns out it is more than just the pump they are replacing the hydraulic and actuator as well feel a lot better about the quote. View attachment 299752
They are replacing the Valve block which includes the pump. May be you have a leak in your actuator and that's the reason they replaced the valve block. The labor seems very high. I think you can talk to them and ask them to lower the labor charge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What would you say a proper quote would be?
I'm sorry to hear that. Dealer just want to take your money and keep your car for long time in the shop. I can recommend to send your unit to GTE Engineering, they can rebuild it for less than $10k. Call them and get an estimate. I know they have been working for years rebuilding the e-gear unit in Gallardos.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts