Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
398 Posts
Someone may have possibly added a foreign substance by mistake! I run CHF11S instead and feel much better shift quality and less harshness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a new 2006 Gallardo Spyder owner

Hey Guys
Just excited to join the few of us crazy enthusiasts to sit a piece of artwork or two or ? in our garage and enjoy just a good glass of wine staring at her beauty. I have to admit, its exciting to be a new owner. Love the car!
My family has always loved exotic cars but never pulled the plug. I did and glad I did. My thoughts about garage queens, "keeping her low millage etc" is not me….as a matter of fact…..the money is spent…..I aint gonna save millage and not enjoy the car…..I'll hope to put 50,000 miles on it……Clutch, $7 grand, well…..I started the slush fund for that too…..
So glad to be with you guys…..
Always open to tips on how to keep her in shape etc.
God bless you guys……
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I might consider that, when the time comes. I have only 1cm used so far so I'm good for awhile. But in Denver, it's probably 7-9k for the only dealer in the state to do it. Pretty steep I think compared to some smaller independent shops, which I am a little concerned with. What's your thoughts about using smaller shops?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have no problems using smaller shops but it would depend on how much experience they have with Lamborghinis. I would recommend stopping by the shop and ask lots of questions to make sure you are comfortable before taking your car there.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Crazy regarding the fluid! I'd flush it out and start fresh. Don't want the actuator getting gummed up, etc.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yea, I'm not sure what to say about your F1 fluid. It may be worth having it sent out for a sample. I will say that I haven't seen a car with the original Tutella fluid in it since they were brand new cars. Everyone here in the US at least uses Pentosin fluid which is Green in color. I would suggest having the system drained & flushed thoroughly, including the gearbox actuator, to be safe.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Here is my bestguess, but guess only.

Looks like someone topped it up with goat's milk. I hear that swiss goat's milk works best........but wait....only on leather.

More likely someone topped up with water, thinking that was the coolant reservoir.
Eiither way, unless you poured in some weird white stuff originally, Needs flushing immediately.

"No big deal", said the monkey, since it is not his car. LOL!
You will be fine, after he replaces your actuator and other stuff. Should only set you back $10-15k or so.

Fire your mechanic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts