Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
E-gear system has dropped in price by half the cost. There are a few rebuilding them for a little cheaper than what I sell them for new.
That's good news! Is this a permanent move? I'm not planning on any trouble, but you never know.........

·
Vendor
1,555 Posts
The price has been like this for about six months now so I do not see it rising back up. I figure the factory realized everyone was having them rebuilt and had to change the cost to compensate the no sales.

·
Registered
83 Posts
how do you know it failed > symptoms please also can you pm or email me a price on what these go for ? can this be change as a DIY or the dealer tools maybe needed ?

·
Vendor
1,744 Posts
E-gear Actuator

We do rebuild Gallardo and Murcielago E-gear actuators. In our rebuilt, we replace the seals and gaskets with better and thicker material. we also replace the internal rods. Most of the actuators have a bent rod and that causes the seals to go bad. The rod that we use in our actuators is a lot stronger than OEM. That is one of the reasons that our actuators last longer than an OEM.

At this time we only rebuilt actuators if we can install them.

If you need an OEM, let me know and I'll get you a price.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the accumulator is bad , would it throw a code ? Also would the pressure show normal ? According to the tech he re learned to actuator and visually inspected it along with the lines and all worked fine and psi was within spec . But in the air on the lift the car goes thru gears fine , but once lowered on the floor you get a thump noise from the car as if it is trying to engage but isn't ..... Very odd but Egear fluid is good , no leaks , actuator works according to them , clutch life is 60% ,any insight or ideas would really help . I have the Egear snapshot is there something I should look for on it specific besides clutch MM..

·
Banned
4 Posts
you get a thump noise

If the accumulator is bad , would it throw a code ? Also would the pressure show normal ? According to the tech he re learned to actuator and visually inspected it along with the lines and all worked fine and psi was within spec . But in the air on the lift the car goes thru gears fine , but once lowered on the floor you get a thump noise from the car as if it is trying to engage but isn't ..... Very odd but Egear fluid is good , no leaks , actuator works according to them , clutch life is 60% ,any insight or ideas would really help . I have the Egear snapshot is there something I should look for on it specific besides clutch MM..
Hi Matty

PM me and lets see if I can help you in any way ?

By

Serkan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Serkan-tried to send you a PM about same issue but your account will not allow PM. Can you please reach out? I really need help with actuator issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
how often do actuator's go? is it common for them to fail? also any precautions as to how to have an actuator from not failing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts