Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several reviews of the Eezeplate on other vehicles, so I'll try to minimize redundancy, but I did promise Colleen that I would post a review once installed, so hopefully someone finds this useful.

The bottom line:
Would I buy it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to my friends, family, and forum members? Yes
Am I happy? Yes!!

Pros:

Simple latch attachment. This is the key feature of the Eezeplate
It's quick and easy to operate and sturdy when installed
Entire product is solidly constructed
No drilling required; uses factory holes
All required hardware included
Elegant and sleek design
Literally a 10 minute installation.

Cons:
When the plate is removed, the mounting tab is visible.
I'm not an engineer, but I feel the tab could be moved back, and the plate attachment latch extended to make the tab invisible when the plate is removed.
Price. Someone mentioned the "lambo" premium or tax on this product. Eezeplate is the most expensive mount I found on google, by a factor of 2x, but I don't believe I could construct, nor have someone fabricate, this device for the price. I have not seen an alternative that seems to be as simple to use, with all the"pros" listed above.

I've used the No-Holes mount on my murci, which screwed into the tow hook, but on the SVJ I believe it would require removing a cap to expose the mount, and the plate would not be centered in the front. I've also used the Evannex plate holder on a Tesla, but it was significantly more difficult to mount, and not at all convenient to remove.

Attachments

75 Posts
Hi Michael, thanks for this great review, photos are amazing as well as your comments. Ivan will send an email concerning the tab placement with photos. Please watch for it :)

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Colleen. I'm posting the picture that you sent, because it is entirely possible that the angle of the pictures that I took make it seem more protrusive than it actually is. I don't think I am able to move the mount any further back to hide it (see 2nd pic from left in original post), and the small bit of the tab that is visible won't cause me to try to correct it, but my hallucination is that the design can be modified to make it invisible.

Attachments

75 Posts
Thanks Michael -- truly appreciate the feedback and your kind review. Enjoy that beautiful SVJ - great car and love the colour!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts