Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 2 months away from a purchase and am stalking the forum as research. Lots of good stuff, thanks.
Question - I see people mention how they have x% of their clutch remaining and am wondering how they are getting that number. I've also read about some report that tells you how many times the engine has been redlined?
Are these easily available or do you need a special computer or something to hook up to the system. Sounds like good reports to see before buying a vehicle.
Thanks,

·
Registered
204 Posts
clutch readings (E-Gear Snap) is done a few types of systems, all expensive.

Lambo Dealer - LARA-AS system
Other Dealers - could be LARA-AS system, Leonardo system, or ST5 Skill Tester
Not-confirmed (but should work) - 09+ cars should have access via VCDS or VAS PC. (VCDS need cabling, and VAS PC would require a VAS 5054a type hardware)

I cannot comment on the engine redlines, etc. but believe I head read here that is a function of LARA-AS

FYI, Snap reading will give a number in "mm" of the current clutch disc material thickness, which then needs some math around it comparing it to the starting thickness and you arrive at a % number.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There is a full compliment of data which can be extracted from the computers as they do have long term logging capability. What you would do with the information however id beyond me. Most of what is present is worthless without the factory tech sheets to compare numbers with.

The clutch wear reading is done by the computer in bits. Some of the software version provide those measurements in millimeters which can then be calculated, some software perform the equation for us and give a reading in percentage.

Lamborghini proprietary type software is required. No generic tool will collect these numbers. Generic tooling is only able to provide basic emissions related data as mandated by the EPA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts