Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry we have been so inactive on this forum, but we have been extremely busy with all the Gallardo ECT Dual Friction™ clutch assemblies, standard Kevlar assemblies, and also with a good number of Murcielago Kevlar assemblies. If you're not already following us on Facebook, then you don't know that we recently added Fluid MotorUnion as a dealer. This company is constantly churning out epic projects, so if you aren't already familiar with them, you should check them out. Anyways, they contacted us for an ECT Kevlar Murcielago clutch assembly. We sent it their way, and thus began Project Murci Me.

I will be updating our Facebook page as well as this thread with progress pictures of the clutch swap. You can also read all about it and find updated pictures throughout the project on the Fluid MotorUnion Murci Me blog found HERE.

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As promised, here are the rest of the pictures from the swap, performed by Fluid MotorUnion:
rear bracing removed

exhaust removed

removing the rear support

the computer for setting up the E-gear clutch engagement

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hooked to the engine lift

the old clutch assembly

removed

comparison photo -- Old (top) and ECT Kevlar assembly (bottom)

ECT Kevlar assembly installed!

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear diff splines aligned and engine slid back into place

wiring reconnected, exhaust back in the car, and coolant pipes hooked up

rear bracing put back in (needs the support when it's not a coupe)

heat shield and engine panels back in place

engine compartment back exactly as it was

By the way, 2 more ECT Kevlar Murcielago clutch assemblies finished this week. One is headed to Hong Kong tomorrow. Also building a Dual Friction Ceramic/Kevlar model for the Daily Driven Exotics Gallardo that will be thoroughly abused in an upcoming Lamborghini Gymkhana video. And lastly building an ECT Dual Friction assembly for a Superleggera that will be used for the upcoming Modball Rally (car will be stickered up representing Team ECT). So, I was a little delayed in posting these last pics, but there has been tons going on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts