Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Presto - its gone.

This listing (4532400821) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
if you are dumb enough to fall for that you shouldnt be buying cars period - i have bought/sold over a million dollars in cars on ebay

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water here folks. I have bought 2 Lambos off Ebay, My 87 QV and my 71 Miura. Both were good experiences and both cars have been great. You just have to be smart about it...if you see a car on Ebay that interests you, get the REAL information however you can. I flew to visit both cars before purchase, had PPI's done and then proceeded to own cars that I loved. I also SOLD my QV on Ebay to a very happy guy in California, great experience for both of us.

On the other hand, I know a few people that have been burned right to the ground by un-scrupulous, CLEVER, SMART dealers that specialize in dupping a buyer...often, right under his nose. It's a buyer-be very aware situation with these cars, no matter how you do it. Ebay isn't the problem, dumbass buying habits are.

David Kean
Miura SV#4924
Countach S #1121254

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Thats what I was trying to say - it doesnt matter where you get the lead from be it local paper or ebay with any highline purchase you have to do your homework!

·
Registered
21 Posts
eBay Auto purchases.....

FYI:

Hi guys, I am new to the Lambo-talk list.

I just sold my NSX on eBay....and it was a very smooth transaction. I represented the car exactly as it is....in real life. And, I might add, I did not have any interior pix of the Murcie!!!! LOL!

But it CAN work very well....and both buyer and seller do need to do their homework as you say. And there has to be just a smidgen of trust there, too.

Hoping to be a G-car owner soon, going for a test drive this Saturday! I will be driving the e-gear and 6-speed back to back for comparison.

Wish me luck!

Glad to be a part of this gang!

RH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts