Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every several days/week I take a look at Ebay to see what's being offered. Aside from a nice assortment of Murcies & G's there just doesn't seem to be many listings lately.

I have not seen a Jalpa being offered in quite some time. Also, I'm getting the idea that the actual selling prices are raising as well (supply/demand?).

I did see that very nice GT350 listed last week go over 100K, not sure if it actually sold but the bids were over the 100K mark.

So, what does everyone think, are vintage Lambos are being held on to and/or snapped up because of the diminishing supply? Will there be a time when ANY Lamborghini will be a very collectable item. Will Lambo's reach a point where from an investment standpoint where it would be smart to just buy and store (niminal operation to keep in good working order)?

To go a step further. which models have the best chance of appreciating as a percentage of current levels?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd say that the Miura is already considered a collectors car and a showpiece. The Countach slowly is catching on, but that will be tough for a while still.

Beyond that, I don't see any other Lambos as collector cars anytime soon.

eBay is a horrible barometer for selling prices of cars unless they have a buy it now. There's too many factors such as mileage, history, color, even for each year.

-Ben

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
I think the changing of the guard with Audi has made all the other models more desirable, you can tell there's going to be more major changes away from the original Mark, and yes this is another dig at Audi ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a dealer tell me that Ebay was the best guide to see what was available as far as cars go....I told him that there were so many G cars available that not many people would be willing to pay MSRP. He said to look at Ebay and see the true number of cars that are available despite the fact that Dupont usually has over 70 car advertised.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It would be nice if it turns out to be a strong indicator, Larry. There seems like less and less Countach and Jalpa examples offered. When I was looking for my Jalpa a bit over a year ago.. there were several offered at the same time. Some had been on the market for years, and seems they suddenly started getting snapped up. I saw some very nice cars go. But now, I rarely see any...

Hopefully, with the success of the Gallardo and other new Lambos driving up the popularity of the marque, we will see more and more appreciation on the earlier models.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let me tell you something. Ebay is absolutely THE guide line. It is where the most are sold AND it determines prices. One example, I have a keyboard from the seventies. New, at that time, it was about 30,000...which was outragous. They were worth big buck in the 80's and 90's- maybe 10-15,000, though one or two were for sale in 20 years. Enter Ebay, 1000-2500, and 3-4 have sold in the last 3 years. Ebay determines values. Ebay unearths what we think is rare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts