Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to have a friend behind you to watch for that plus to ensure that the ramps are staying in place. They want to move around a little at least on my floor surface but was easy to control.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have those exact ramps but had an instance with my Pantera where the ramps were on a smooth surface and when backing onto the ramp one of the wheels gripped the ramp and threw it forward under the car. Nothing damaged but maybe just watch doing it on real smooth surfaces.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For sure, the slicker the surface the more you'll want to be mindful. They appear to be designed with material to "grip" the ground and fortunately were easy to work with for me. $40-50 to boot, great way to quickly get the car in the air. I also think that the AWD of the LP640 helps...you have the front wheels pushing in reverse along with the rears so less likely to have a negative outcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The race ramps I already had were not a low enough angle (car has 3" ground clearance in the front, no lift as its aftermarket coilovers). Raceramp makes a great product and if I had to throw them in a trailer that's what I would buy because of weight, but for what I wanted to do I would be spending over $1,000, so I built my own out of ~$150 of wood which allowed me to not only work on the car but do alignments & corner balancing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.