Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if Im wrong, but I have read and heard some bad stuff about the early e-gear versions, where they really wear down quickly. Is this true, and if so what versions or years is it to be careful about. I guess this mainly refer to Gallardo and Murcielago - but please enlighten me on what to be careful about.

·
Vendor
2,719 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong, but I have read and heard some bad stuff about the early e-gear versions, where they really wear down quickly. Is this true, and if so what versions or years is it to be careful about. I guess this mainly refer to Gallardo and Murcielago - but please enlighten me on what to be careful about.
You may want to post this in the GALLARDO specific section for more views. If the car was taken care of and driven they are reliable. I have a 2008 and it's awesome and love the feel of the car and the back cracking shifts, with no chiropractor needed. :)

Reactions: Rampante21

·
Vendor
2,719 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
OP- to your original question I do not believe that the E-gear is the part that wears out early (at least I have not heard of that) -the clutch is the main concern on the Pre-LP Gallardos. The easy solution to the clutch wear is to never drive in Auto mode, to put the car in neutral whenever coming to a stop in traffic or at a light/stop sign, and to limit using reverse wherever possible. You can also purchase Kevlar clutches here from some of the vendors that will last longer than the factory clutch when the job is needed. Hope this helps

·
Vendor
2,719 Posts
OP- to your original question I do not believe that the E-gear is the part that wears out early (at least I have not heard of that) -the clutch is the main concern on the Pre-LP Gallardos. The easy solution to the clutch wear is to never drive in Auto mode, to put the car in neutral whenever coming to a stop in traffic or at a light/stop sign, and to limit using reverse wherever possible. You can also purchase Kevlar clutches here from some of the vendors that will last longer than the factory clutch when the job is needed. Hope this helps
Correct and good advice above. I also carry OEM and Kevlar clutches so when anyone is ready for one, just call or text 717-319-2100. ALso have TCU tunes, etc for these cars that make shifting much better.

ALSO, the Sprint Booster hands down makes these cars much easier/more fun to drive:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

One of my customers below:

Reactions: Rampante21

·
Registered
LP640
2,303 Posts
TCU tune can be updated in either model.
04/05 Gallardo have longer 1/2 gears than later cars, so it's a bit rougher on the clutch
LP Murci have completely different gear ratio than pre-LP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts