Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part is no longer available from Lambo according to a few sources. Does anyone know a place that can remanufacture the throw out bearing for an early Diablo? It's a little noisy and I have the clutch out so I'd like to get it fixed.

Checked with Glen and Scuderia Parts. Even though the part is listed as special order, it's NLA according to these reputable sources.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If you’re not concerned about originality you could convert it to a hydraulic TOB. That’s how my car is set up and the clutch is half as heavy as the original. And there’s no fork to break.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you share what is involved with that? I just changed out the slave and master clutch cylinders.

If you’re not concerned about originality you could convert it to a hydraulic TOB. That’s how my car is set up and the clutch is half as heavy as the original. And there’s no fork to break.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just went through the same NLA issue with my early car but the bearing was repacked. I did come across a shop that had a new bearing for sale in italy, i can pass on details but they wanted 5k euros for it.

There is one from partscollector including sachs clutch which they report as being new but its a recondioned unit.

Clutchmasters said they could look at the bearing and repack if you sent in the part.

OEM sachs clutch disc has also become difficult to find.

The other option is to switch to a later push setup.... i preferred the heavy clutch so am happy my mechanic found a workable solution. Automotive tire Wood Gas Auto part Jewellery
Wheel Automotive tire Product Tire Camera lens

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went through the same NLA issue with my early car but the bearing was repacked. I did come across a shop that had a new bearing for sale in italy, i can pass on details but they wanted 5k euros for it.

There is one from partscollector including sachs clutch which they report as being new but its a recondioned unit.

Clutchmasters said they could look at the bearing and repack if you sent in the part.

OEM sachs clutch disc has also become difficult to find.

The other option is to switch to a later push setup.... i preferred the heavy clutch so am happy my mechanic found a workable solution. View attachment 307376 View attachment 307377
thank you so much. Would you mind sharing the repack cost and any contact at clutchmastes that you may have? Cheers!

·
Registered
707 Posts
My car currently has a hydraulic TOB by Quartermaster. I didn't have any issues with it but upon measuring the setup I noticed that it mounts too close to the pressure plate due to improper shimming. Each bearing has a specific distance it should be from the pressure plate when fully assembled. I don't know much about the company Quartermaster but it doesn't strike me as the best quality so I have decided to replace it with a better quality unit of a similar type. I will likely go with a Tilton unit. I have not determined yet which will be the best fit for my application but they have many different styles. You can see them here: Hydraulic Release Bearings Archives - Tilton Engineering

I wish I could give more details but I bought my car with this system already installed. It appears that it connects directly to the existing hydraulic clutch line but I'm not certain. I will be giving all of the info when I get to this on my cars project thread.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As per my other post from two days ago... I have a brand new one of the hard to find clutch discs AND possibly a refurbable bearing (in case they wreck yer current one and only, AND a new refurb housing pressure plate for sale...for what i thought was a good price ($2000 less than discount places) Sadly no replys...?? Given my two year search for some of these I thought I'd be flooded with responses...?? Crickets?
What gives?? My price too high?
Also poorguy, havent seen your screen name here before ...where are you ?? Im in SW Ontario, Erie shore area.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts