Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a good resource for a modified instrument pod? I want to cut down the height. I can either pull it and cut the upper trim, which will lower it by about 1-2". Problem is down time on the car and if I screw up it will be a costly mistake.

The only other alternative I've found is Koeing....who wants about 4K for their set up.

Any ideas/comments?

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's a mod I would also like to do. It's easy enough to get all the bits out of the pod, just need the hardware to reassemble based on a lower pod.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Same Request for POD

Wow, just posted the same request in the classified forum. Hope someone can help with this. It seems three members have the same request.

JRV, will the Koenig fit my 91? Any idea on cost? My interior is out and being changed to black. Now is the time to change it. Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK hold your horses (or Bulls)...

Let's do a group by. I did something like this on the FCar web with a bunch of members. But before I get to that, here's what I've found.

1. You can cut down the original...risky.
2. Right now carbon fiber is only available for the "panel" where the gauges sit, not the shell or pod.
3. You can covert over to the late model style. What I'm working on now is to find out how much $ to buy a late model pod and what modifications are required to make it fit. It'll prob be as much as Koeing...;you can only imagine what the dealer wants for a pod...
4. Koeings...I'll post a pix in the next thread. I tend to like this because it will not devalue the car...acceptable mod. Price is steep and because the Euro is going up and even becomes more expensive.

I did find out that if you go to late model you will lose one gauge (battery). I sent an email to Koeing for more info and am waiting for reply...closed for holiday.

Also Koenig has wheel spacers which are OK price wise. About 600 Euro to do the back wheels... 18mm which would fill the wheel well nicely and includes 10 bolts.

I'm thinking we can approach Koeing and say...what if we do a group buy what kind of pricing can he give us.

This week my Tubi should be here and I'll talk to my mechanic about options and post his comments regarding: cut original, late model, Koeing.

91LAMBO-If I go with Koeing (even if single purchase) I'll sell you my old pod...if you don't buy it I'll use it as a prototype to build replacement pods in my spare time.

Let's keep this thread alive.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's their dash....notice that the instruments are repositioned to allow a lower height...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John -

For some reason my parts book shows everything Except the pod!

4 screws to remove the dash plate, then what do you have? I'm guessing 4 bolts .. 2 horitontal and 2 verticle....?

And what about the little shock that moves it up and down? Where did you remove that from...the top or bottom?

Any other insight / tips would be appreciated.
Frank

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Frank - My car is at Evans having the interior changed. I didn't take it out myself. I don't want to spend the $ for anything new. I would be interested in purchasing yours if I can get it quick, and is the correct one. (Evans got one from another source and it was different.) I don't want to hold up the installation process. George at Evans will be glad to tell you how to remove it if I am purchasing yours. Send me a email and and we could exchange telephone numbers.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
fl_355 said:
Here's their dash....notice that the instruments are repositioned to allow a lower height...
The main reason its smaller is that one dial is missing - looks like the battery voltage one was ditched.

-mick

PS Odd pic - its actually from a right hand drive car with the image flipped..

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John - my regular email was sent to you via this site PM.

My pod a flawless and a 92..should fit. I would think any 91-93 should fit. What did Evan (?) get you that did not fit? I might buy that one from him.

Koeing did not answer my email yet, sent another one. If no answer later I will call them.

Mick - noticed the same thing with the pix...they're in Germany and obviously at R/H drive car...

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is something about the Koenig pod, based on the photos, that I'm not completely happy with. Also, I would not wish to lose the information as to what the battery voltage is.

Has anyone contacted Sean at Hi tech, or would that board sponsor like to post us or PM us what they could do ?????

Mike

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm going to resize the original. I think I found an extra ealy model pod and will know in a few hours. If so, I'll do the project and post pics here.

·
Vendor
1,719 Posts
We have converted 91-93 instrument dash to a 94-98 inst. dash which is a lower profile.Not only you need to buy the two instrument pods,you'll also need to buy the warning light panel on top and lower panel.You will need to re-wire all the warning lights and other lights of the 94-98

1 - 20 of 22 Posts