Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 05 E-Gear Gallardo about a month ago.
Has anyone of you w/ E-Gear ever experienced a drop of rpm when changing from 1st to 2nd when shifting pass 7k rpm.

All the other upshifts are quick without a lag, but when I go from 1st to 2nd near redline , after the 2nd gear is engaged, there will be a very noticable
delay or drop in 2000 rpm before the engine revs up again. It almost feels like the engine management forces the rev. to come down before it could pick up rev again.

Is that normal?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't know, but I can tell you this. I've driven a manual for 15 000 km already and no problems yet. On the other hand, egear owners are always complaining about something. Not to mention the manual is funner to drive and more communicative, if you ask me, anything other that manual on a sports car is a mistake. :cool:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
I wouldn't know, but I can tell you this. I've driven a manual for 15 000 km already and no problems yet. On the other hand, egear owners are always complaining about something. Not to mention the manual is funner to drive and more communicative, if you ask me, anything other that manual on a sports car is a mistake. :cool:

I'm sure this new owner appreciates your wise advice -telling him he has bought the wrong car. :(

E-gear owners and manual owners come to this board for friendly advice and that is usually what they get. Sometimes they complain about their e-gears (not surprising as most Gallardos are e-gears) and sometimes they even complain about their manual cars - like they do on the thread below. It doesn't mean they have made a mistake.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1370&page=1&pp=10&highlight=clutch+replaced

Kalvin, I've responded to your question on another forum. :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
Does that mean that Formula 1 Racing is a big mistake?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
E-Gear or Ferrari F1

Why are many Lamborghini owners making complaints about the e-gear and some even comment that the manual is much more superior?I think it is a matter of preference.
What about Ferrari owners. They have virtually the same gearboxes on their cars, but they hardly ever have this disagreement on what is a better system..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would ask the dealer to put your car on the computer and see if there are any updates that might resolve this issue. When I first got my E gear there was some "jerkiness" when I was in slow traffic; a 10 minute trip to the service department took care of everything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hornet said:
I would ask the dealer to put your car on the computer and see if there are any updates that might resolve this issue. When I first got my E gear there was some "jerkiness" when I was in slow traffic; a 10 minute trip to the service department took care of everything.

Thanks for the info. Which dealership did you take you car to?

I bought the car from a dealer located outside of CA. Platinum motors told me that since I didn't buy the car from them, I will have to wait like 3-4 weeks before they could fit me in. They also told me that if I would have bought from them, then I could be fitted in right away.
I didn't really like that!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Kalvin, I've responded to your question on another forum
Almost everyone here tries their best to leave personalities & politics out of being helpful here. I really don't appreciate that comment in view of the constant bashing and dirty underhanded comments and tricks inflicted upon me and this site daily on 'another forum'!!!!

No one is forced to stay on a Forum they don't like or have issues with!!! As a site donor, if you have issues with how we try to maintain respect, decensy and common courtesy here, please bring it to our attention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coincidentally, I purchased my Gallardo from Lamborghini Beverly Hills (Platinum Motors), and maybe that's why they took care of my problem right away. I did notice that there weren't very many cars being serviced (and, I think major work may be done at their Santa Ana dealership). I would ask the service department if you could drop by and have them put your car on the computer.

If you encounter any problem, I suggest you call the U. S. headquarters of Lamborghini (sorry I don't have the number) and ask for their intercession. While I was at the dealership a man from Audi who seems to be "in charge" was very interested in my level of satisfaction.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hornet said:
Coincidentally, I purchased my Gallardo from Lamborghini Beverly Hills (Platinum Motors), and maybe that's why they took care of my problem right away. I did notice that there weren't very many cars being serviced (and, I think major work may be done at their Santa Ana dealership). I would ask the service department if you could drop by and have them put your car on the computer.

If you encounter any problem, I suggest you call the U. S. headquarters of Lamborghini (sorry I don't have the number) and ask for their intercession. While I was at the dealership a man from Audi who seems to be "in charge" was very interested in my level of satisfaction.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your advice. I will give them a call. The cars are worth more than 150k when new. I feel we as Lambo. owners should deserve first class service regardless or where we buy the car from.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
ltadmin said:
Almost everyone here tries their best to leave personalities & politics out of being helpful here. I really don't appreciate that comment in view of the constant bashing and dirty underhanded comments and tricks inflicted upon me and this site daily on 'another forum'!!!!

No one is forced to stay on a Forum they don't like or have issues with!!! As a site donor, if you have issues with how we try to maintain respect, decensy and common courtesy here, please bring it to our attention.
Sorry ltadmin - a misunderstanding. I didn't mean I had chosen not to post the reply on LT because I was unhappy about someone's post. I meant I had already read and replied to the same question which kchendds had posted on another site. I thought it would be silly to post the same reply in 2 places.

I'm very happy with L-talk. It is my favorite Lamborghini forum. :) You will note I have never made a critical remark about the forum or its admin here or elsewhere. My comments to Lambo Crazy was only directed to him, not the board.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
ltadmin said:
MHH,

can you make it to Monterey this year???

Room, parties & Fosters on me!!!

:whip:

JRV, I would love to but probably won't have the time. :( My wife has us booked for Italy this year. I'll take a raincheck, though! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey i had the same problem but in SPORT. Rev to the line and change it would drop to 6000rpm before going in.

It was the clutch wear.

MY E gear had only done 3000 miles but they siad it had excess wear and the computer would not let it slip, so it changed at lower revs.

GET THE CLUTCH CHECKED!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts