Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used Gallardo E-Gear. Serial 00538. Has 1000 miles and took it in for 1500 service. They did all the upgrades except the E-Gear software upgrade. They said once the upgrade is done I can't go back. I am looking for anyone who has had the upgrade to the software to see if the benefits out weigh any downsides. Any feedback? I have been reading up on the Gallardo at this site before buying the car so I was aware of potential problems. I love the car but it is difficult in traffic and trying to pull into a garage or park. So looks like the software upgrade should fix this??? Thanks Ray

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had my upgarded the software once. It did improve the smoothness of the car overall. But I had the dealer changed back to the earlier version because it slowed down the shifting time between gears too much and it made the clutch slip a little longer before fully engaging during standing start, but it does improve a lot for city driving. It can be change back but the dealer has to order the original software from the factory which comes along with a computer with the software installed inside.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It's my understanding that Lambo is on version III now!

I have not tested all versions and as PCHT mentions, the driveability would be according to use & personal preference!

also, as he mentions, the versions can be changed up or down, although his is the first case of back down I have heard of!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ray said:
Just purchased a used Gallardo E-Gear. Serial 00538. Has 1000 miles and took it in for 1500 service. They did all the upgrades except the E-Gear software upgrade. They said once the upgrade is done I can't go back. I am looking for anyone who has had the upgrade to the software to see if the benefits out weigh any downsides. Any feedback? I have been reading up on the Gallardo at this site before buying the car so I was aware of potential problems. I love the car but it is difficult in traffic and trying to pull into a garage or park. So looks like the software upgrade should fix this??? Thanks Ray

If you don't get the upgrade you don't know what you are missing!!

Parking not a problem also "performance launches" `possible. Do it ......total IMPROVEMENT!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wayne thanks for the information. Do you know if you have version 3 mentioned above? Was out in the car yesterday to test my new Larini exhaust. Great drive then miserable trying to pull into my garage. Car wants to jump though the back wall as I try to pull in slow. Based on your feedback I am going to schedule the upgrade. Ray

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might want to try and put it in Auto. I know some people said it feels smoother at low speeds in Auto.

Mine seemed to intitially, but now dont notice any difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update is the only way to go if you ever have to stop and go with your e-gear. I felt like an idiot in Carmel going up the hill with stoplights on the way, jerking and trying not to get a whiplash. If you ever have to travel to a congested town like Los Angeles, you would probably want the upgrade also. :)

Don't wait too long because trying to sqeeze the accelerator or putting it into slippery mode for longer period of time will result in a nasty burnt rubber smell which I believe is the clutch being burnt. :evil:

After the update, first gear or auto, it feels as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ray said:
Wayne thanks for the information. Do you know if you have version 3 mentioned above? Was out in the car yesterday to test my new Larini exhaust. Great drive then miserable trying to pull into my garage. Car wants to jump though the back wall as I try to pull in slow. Based on your feedback I am going to schedule the upgrade. Ray
i'M NOT SURE WHAT VERSION i HAVE. iT IS not THE LATEST BUT i TOLD THEM TO LEVE IT ALONE It is perfect and I don't want to change it.
You can call Symbolic Service to find out what exact Version I have. 858 350-1393

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I remember right, Version 1 was very jerky, version 2 was too slow, and version 3 is the one that combines the two. Do check with Symbolic or Platinum Orange County.

·
Registered
104 Posts
gforce said:
Mine is perfect. has been since 4000 miles. 12000 now
Lucky for you, my car had about 350 miles on it when I got it and has about 850+/- now and its a bit rough and when going up a slight incline it will pop the clutch like a 15 year old driving student. My other cars are all manual so perhaps I need more practice. Who knows? I'm sure it will come right in time. I do like the car alot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
eetjw said:
If I remember right, Version 1 was very jerky, version 2 was too slow, and version 3 is the one that combines the two. Do check with Symbolic or Platinum Orange County.
Those guys have it together, thats for sure. Its worth the WAIT. ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had version II upgarded some time ago, it has a lot of improvement in smoothless, really good for daily drive, especially for go and stop situation. However, in engaging 1st gear is still not as smooth as F1. I will have the version III upgrade this weekend and see if it has further improvement.

BTW, I had a bad experience with E-gear yesterday, I couldn't shift to 2nd gear and reverse gear. Still haven't found out the real problem, may be is about over heat clutch. :(

I have opened a new thread about it, hope anyone can help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just had my G-car upgraded to the version III E-gear program. According to the Dealer, there are 12 programs for the customer to choose from. It certainly is an improvement to the previous versions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
E Gear upgrade

Mine goes in Wednesday for the upgrade. Prestige says it is version 3 with other changes. Thanks for all the feedback and help. Ray

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
upgraded

Upgrade to V-3 is great. 15 blocks of South Beach and no problem. Also great at high speed in sport. Thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
132 Posts
pcht5 said:
I just had my G-car upgraded to the version III E-gear program. According to the Dealer, there are 12 programs for the customer to choose from. It certainly is an improvement to the previous versions.
Paul, which program did you select?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know about any 12 programs to chose from, my understanding is that there is 3 pre pregrogramed versions, and each one an improvement of the previous versions. I think the best way to call them is to call them revisions.

I would recommend that you discuss with your Lambo dealer and have them prepare an update for you, this would require you to bring both your keys for code updating and Lamborghini will change out a small computer of some sort.

I think most members here agree that Version III (Final revision) is the most versatile, smooth in traffic and responsive at high speeds. Do read through the previous threads. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts