Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have instructions on how to remove the e-gear pump motor off of a 2004 coupe? All the videos I can find use a spider, and a coupe is completely different.
I have removed pretty much everything (except for the actual system), and I can only get 1 of the 3 hex bolts.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to go in through the passenger wheel well and contort myself like a pretzel. If I remember correctly it took a combination of a few different length bits and a few hundred curse words.
I managed to get the old one out, but I had to remove basically the entire right side (plastics, supports, reservoir, intake, wheel well plastics, heat shields, brake cooler). I only dropped 2 bolts that I couldn't find. And yes, a lot of swearing.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I did mine.. I didnt know that there is only 2 screws holding the motor on the pump.. not all 4..

I'm a spider, but the pump itself isnt differnt
There are 3 on a coupe. I got it changed out. The open-front-door priming sounds a lot stronger now, and quicker, but still have the same sound every 30 seconds. I am going to have to take it to the dealer. Maybe there is a setting in LARA to fix this?
After I replace the coolant line that decided to start leaking. More swearing.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera 2013 LP570-4
170 Posts
It cycles when the pressure drops below a certain threshold so if it's cycling more often then it's dropping pressure faster. It's normal for it to cycle after a period of time with the ignition on but if it's 30 seconds that seems a little too frequent. There's not going to be a "cycle less often" setting to change with a diagnostic computer, either the accumulator is past due for replacement or you have another issue causing the faster loss of pressure.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It cycles when the pressure drops below a certain threshold so if it's cycling more often then it's dropping pressure faster. It's normal for it to cycle after a period of time with the ignition on but if it's 30 seconds that seems a little too frequent. There's not going to be a "cycle less often" setting to change with a diagnostic computer, either the accumulator is past due for replacement or you have another issue causing the faster loss of pressure.
I replaced the accumulator and pump motor this last week, and now it cycles every 25 seconds, so I am losing pressure somewhere.
I don't know how to find or fix it. I hope the local Lamborghini service shop can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately it's probably on your vavle body on top of your transmission or the lines coming from the e gear pump

The e gear pump copper washers are not bad to change out but you would see fuild residue from them..

The guy from top Hydraulics is really good with that and can explain it in depth. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

·
Vendor
1,852 Posts
I replaced the accumulator and pump motor this last week, and now it cycles every 25 seconds, so I am losing pressure somewhere.
I don't know how to find or fix it. I hope the local Lamborghini service shop can.
Since the pump keeps coming on every 25 seconds, it looks like that you're losing pressure and the pump keeps making pressure but you keep losing pressure. You're gonna burn up the pump.

You probably have an Actuator that has internal leak and that's why you're losing pressure. We can rebuild your actuator.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since the pump keeps coming on every 25 seconds, it looks like that you're losing pressure and the pump keeps making pressure but you keep losing pressure. You're gonna burn up the pump.

You probably have an Actuator that has internal leak and that's why you're losing pressure. We can rebuild your actuator.
Thanks for the help. At this point, I need to have the egear system pressure tested and find out exactly where the leak is coming from. FarmerJohn did this here: eGear system constantly losing pressure ... how to diagnose?
If it is the Actuator, I will send it off to you guys.

·
Vendor
1,852 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts