Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home today my car did not want to shift out of 4th gear....it would go up to 5th (with a weird rev) but would not go down below 4th. Happened on the interstate near my house.

Very glad there were no traffic lights on the route.
I got it home in the garage but am not sure what to do now / next steps. It went into neutral fine.
I can hear the e-gear pump cycling more frequently than usual while sitting in the garage with the key turned halfway.
What suggestions do you have? Should I have it towed to my shop or is there something else I can try?

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
25 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '08 Gallardo E-gear a few months ago. It just started acting crazy and I barely made it home. I had to keep shutting the car off and turning it back on again in the middle of the street! My local independent shop said they couldn't fix it, so I had to have the car towed to the Lambo dealer. It turned out to be the engine speed sensor transducer. $362 for a new sensor, but $1832 with labor. Ouch!

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
On the way home today my car did not want to shift out of 4th gear....it would go up to 5th (with a weird rev) but would not go down below 4th. Happened on the interstate near my house.

View attachment 297571
Very glad there were no traffic lights on the route.
I got it home in the garage but am not sure what to do now / next steps. It went into neutral fine.
I can hear the e-gear pump cycling more frequently than usual while sitting in the garage with the key turned halfway.
What suggestions do you have? Should I have it towed to my shop or is there something else I can try?
Do you have a code scanner?, I'd start there an see if it gives you any clues.

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
You might be losing pressure. When the system detects low pressure in order to protect the transmission, it'll pop it in neutral. The usual suspect is the actuator. The actuator might have an internal leak and that's why you're losing pressure. We see the internal leaks when we rebuild actuators

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be losing pressure. When the system detects low pressure in order to protect the transmission, it'll pop it in neutral. The usual suspect is the actuator. The actuator might have an internal leak and that's why you're losing pressure. We see the internal leaks when we rebuild actuators
Ok thanks I'm going to have it taken to my local shop for them to check it out. I know it could be a number of different issues. If it needs a clutch I already know I'm going Kevlar and will give you a shout for a quote.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So quick update....my local shop arrived with a nice enclosed trailer today to load her up, and the car started up and went into reverse with no issues. I waited a minute and the e-gear trouble light went off and I shifted into 1st gear with no problem. The e-gear light stayed off. We loaded it up and will see what they say. I guess it could be a number of different things but I'm feeling a bit better that it shifted fine and the light went off. I'll keep you posted!
I definitely don't want to miss our invite-only Italian Cars & Coffee this Saturday in Nashville! We only have like 4 per year...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts