Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LP640
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

I couldn't find a specific answer by googling so thought I'd start a thread. The car is a 2007 LP640 e-gear and has been working well.

This afternoon the e-gear warning light came on and it wouldn't shift up gears until 4,000rpm or higher. The error seemed to clear itself when stopped and shut down for a few mins, but came back after about 15mins of normal driving and then only cleared when stopped. Once moving away again it would come back.

Also when the e-gear light is on, the downshifts do not blip. I found this out on the first down change with the error light on so instead just went to neutral on slowing down to a stop, which got around the issue.

Car moves away from stationary fine and reverse works as normal - I got it home and into the garage with no issues - so I don't think clutch, e-gear fluid or accumulator pressure is a problem at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Cam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey team,

I couldn't find a specific answer by googling so thought I'd start a thread. The car is a 2007 LP640 e-gear and has been working well.

This afternoon the e-gear warning light came on and it wouldn't shift up gears until 4,000rpm or higher. The error seemed to clear itself when stopped and shut down for a few mins, but came back after about 15mins of normal driving and then only cleared when stopped. Once moving away again it would come back.

Also when the e-gear light is on, the downshifts do not blip. I found this out on the first down change with the error light on so instead just went to neutral on slowing down to a stop, which got around the issue.

Car moves away from stationary fine and reverse works as normal - I got it home and into the garage with no issues - so I don't think clutch, e-gear fluid or accumulator pressure is a problem at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Cam
I think you have a problem with the E-gear even when you look and it seems ok. I'll take the car to the dealer and get a diagnose and an estimate for the replacement. When you have a diagnose you can call GTE Engineering and ask how much is to rebuild the unit.

·
Registered
2006 LP640
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have a problem with the E-gear even when you look and it seems ok. I'll take the car to the dealer and get a diagnose and an estimate for the replacement. When you have a diagnose you can call GTE Engineering and ask how much is to rebuild the unit.
Thanks for the feedback. The fact that it engages the clutch just fine and will work through all the gears rules out a mechanical or hydraulic problem and points strongly towards an electrical/sensor failure.
It's going into the dealer tomorrow for diagnosis and I'll report back here so it can be a source of information for anyone else who has the same issue.

·
Registered
2006 LP640
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the car to my local dealer yesterday and went for a drive. The problem was definitely speed related, resetting every time the car slowed to a walking pace. They spent quite a while diagnosing, ruling out wheel speed sensors and gearbox sensors. No specific error codes were thrown up.

However, the connector under the car between the gearbox sensors and engine was taken apart, cleaned and tweaked to make sure the 15 year old clips interfaced well and it's now behaving as normal. Seems like the recent rain may have also been a factor.

Fun times with an older car!

@HonkyLips - yup, Barbagallo. The guys there have been very helpful and I think perhaps the bad wrap they get is for the Landrover service department, which is completely separate to these guys. Pricing has been fair and they actively seem to try and find the best/most cost effective way to do things. From my experience so far I'd recommend them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.