Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw about 2 ounces of engine oil on the floor under rear of Gallardo yesterday when the car was out of the garage. Can't see anything without getting the car in the air. Anyone had any oil leaks with their G car?

·
Registered
124 Posts
We had an oil leak on a '02 Murcielago that the dealer could never find or fix...Finally just sold the car fearing it was a precursor to a bigger problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Probably not related, but my dealer had to replace the oil filter housing on my Gallardo, at the 2500km service, because it was cracked. I had never seen any oil on my garage floor, but he said it had been leaking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a dealer tech bulletin Ct.20.04 that identifies and corrects an oil leak around some screws associated with the clutch bell housing/gearbox/engine. Not sure of the precise location of these screws, but they are accessed through the service opening in the clutch housing.

I have been told that is the most likely reason for any observed oil leak in this vicinity, on the Gallardo

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
bunkhound said:
There is a dealer tech bulletin Ct.20.04 that identifies and corrects an oil leak around some screws associated with the clutch bell housing/gearbox/engine. Not sure of the precise location of these screws, but they are accessed through the service opening in the clutch housing.

I have been told that is the most likely reason for any observed oil leak in this vicinity, on the Gallardo
See Jon, others are starting to notice this also.
Jake :wave:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gallardo E-gear shifting problem

Yesterday I tried to have a quick launch from standing, so I keep the rev around 2,000rpm at 1st gear for awhile, then full throttle. The G car didn't shift to 1st gear smoothly and when the rev meet 7,000rpm, I could not shift it to 2nd gear. Then I slow down and shift again, this time e-gear allow me to do it, but there is bad smell of burning clutch seriously. I drove it back home and cool it down for 2 hours, I start the G car again. I found the E-gear doesn't allow me to shift the R gear from 1st gear. Whenever I press the R button. It shift to "N". After some time, seems it went back to normal and I can shift the R gear.
In this situation, what actually was happening to the clutch and gear box? Is there any damage to the car? If I want to do a lauch start, how to shift it smoothly to 1st gear?

·
Registered
76 Posts
chris said:
..... If I want to do a launch start, how to shift it smoothly to 1st gear?....
Launch Start proceedure is :-

1/ ESP OFF
2/ Sport Mode ON
3/ Foot brake hard ON'
4/ Throttle flat to the floor

By this stage the computer "knows" what you re intending to do, and holds the revs at about 5000 RPM, waiting for you to release the footbrake.

5/ Release foot brake.

Lets go..! The computer takes over and releases the clutch and hopefully controls the throttle at the same time, for maximum performance launch start. (And hopefully the clutch survives)

At least, this is how it's all supposed to happen.

Chris, I would say that your launch start method may have seriously confused the computer. Sounds like you used an "auto transmission" fast start techinique, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for a computerised sequential transmission. No doubt your use of the handbrake was also relayed to the computer, so I an wondering exactly what it thought of this!

Hope there is no lasting damage to your car/clutch etc. Maybe you should get it checked out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's what needs to be done, according to the manual.

ESP off
Sport mode on
E-Gear in 1st
Stomp on the gas pedal
(no brake pedal involved for launching, only to switch to 1st)

What will happen is that the car will rev to about 3000 rpm then the clutch will engage. All 4 wheels will chirp and the car will launch.
Make sure the car and e-gear are warmed up.

I have verified and done this in the G car with shifting into 2nd near redline.

·
Registered
32 Posts
e gear

holding the brake and rev. engine with it in gear will damage clutch...
TO USE LAUNCH MODE USE STEPS BELOW
esp off
sport mode on
put it in first
push gas pedal to floor very fast
NEVER NEVER NEVER USE FOOT OR HAND BRAKE WILL DAMAGE OR WEAR CLUTCH....
WILL WORK WITH ANY SOFT WEAR 1,2 OR 3.
IS VERY HARD ON DRIVE LINE DONT RECOMEND TO DO VERY OFTEN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finally, I had my G-car checked at the dealer and they said the clutch is FINISHED. :eek:

It's hardly believe cause' I only have 4,000km on it. :mad: I have no idea why it wear out soooo quick. The car has never been to track or hard drive. However, the dealer said frequent hill start also could be one of the cause.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It doesn't help if you're trying the fry the clutch by pulling the handbrake, you're lucky you got 4000. You could have burnt your clutch with delivery mileage if you were persistent. :)

I think you know how to do a launch now, by the way, just putting it into first gear and flooring the gas pedal will get you off the line pretty quick already, don't need to lauch all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi guys! I'm from Mongolia, I bought Gallardo 2004, but have a problem, my transmission is not working, after the engine start R and N lights both turn on, text on the display WARNING FAULT E-GEAR SYSTEM, CONTACT WORKSHOP. And my car cannot go, our country don;t have a Lamborghini service. And my Lambo is the first Lambo in MOngolia. What should I do guys? please help me. send me advice... please, my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Gallardo has 3600 miles and recently started acting up when being driven in the automatic mode. When driving in this mode it would shift from first to second and then goes into neutral. When the manual paddle shifter is hit initially it will not react but after several pulls it will engage in a much higher gear. When driving it in manual mode and an upshift is made for instance from 1st to 2nd all the gear lights (1,2,3,4,5,6) will flash at once and then it will shift into the next higher gear and flash that gear. Upon downshifting when it shifts into first (automatically) it will make a loud clunk. Additionally after this problem started when I open the door before the car is started it no longer makes a mechanical noise at the rear of the car.

This car had the e-gear computer software upgrade I believe at the 1500 mile service. This upgrade dramatically improved the driveability of the car at low speeds and eliminated the low speed lurch. Additionally they reprogramed the engine management system and eliminated the cold start lurch and stall.

Anyone ever heard of such a problem? Dealer is currently attempting to figure it out and had reported that the Lamborghini rep said this was a new problem he had never experienced. I trust this e-gear is not new technology that owners are going to be required to do the R&D and troubleshooting on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
An automatic, even a semi-automatic has no place in a Lambo. You want a sports car, get a manual. You want a car that is easy to drive in city traffic, don't get a sports car.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Slow Vs. Fast

There are qualities within the E-Gear. Downshifting Milliseconds before a Corner at around 160mph in mid powerslide coming to a corner, Ya know? Seriously, You'd have to take your hand off the wheel, and foot off the gas for a downshift and BOOM you'd be road pastry. :evil: I've only had Low End Sports cars with Manual, and they were Loose like **** ******. :evil:
Damn I was drunk when i wrote that, okay it's edited to what I meant to say.
*Replace the clutch on an E-Gear every 6K miles if you want to stay sharp.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts