Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Since a few weeks I am a happy owner of a Superleggera from 2008. The car came with an E-Gear issue.

When the car is driven for a time it suddenly decides that 5th and 6th gear are not an option anymore. When the engine is cold there is no issue but when it's hot I get a egear error and have to neutral in order to return it in 4th gear.
The E-Gear error message disappeares when in 4th.

Today I checked the E-Gear fluid level and I believe it was 20ml overflowed. Can this cause the issue or is something else more likely?

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Greetings all,

Since a few weeks I am a happy owner of a Superleggera from 2008. The car came with an E-Gear issue.

When the car is driven for a time it suddenly decides that 5th and 6th gear are not an option anymore. When the engine is cold there is no issue but when it's hot I get a egear error and have to neutral in order to return it in 4th gear.
The E-Gear error message disappeares when in 4th.

Today I checked the E-Gear fluid level and I believe it was 20ml overflowed. Can this cause the issue or is something else more likely?

Thanks
I've recently had a similar issue...my car would not shift out of 4th gear and I got the ominous-looking E-gear error light. My local shop took the car and they said the gear box speed sensor was bad and needed to be replaced; that's like winning the Lambo lottery because it's only an $80 part or something like that. They also need to replace the o-rings in the steering column which go bad / break sometimes. Hopefully you have an easy issue to fix like this.
I'm not sure about the fluid being too full. Maybe someone else can help there.
Congrats on your new car!

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
25 Posts
My gearbox speed sensor died too. Cost me a lot more than $80 to fix at the dealer though!

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
If you buy the part as Bosch or VW/Audi then it's under $75 USD, If you buy the same part number under Lamborghini then it's around $400.00.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Good to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
If you buy the part as Bosch or VW/Audi then it's under $75 USD, If you buy the same part number under Lamborghini then it's around $400.00.

Another good reminder to always cross-reference parts. Most of the LP parts are VW/Audi or other OEM vendor. For instance, the egear accumulator can be ordered cheaply as a Fiat part. And I think the oil filter is best ordered as a Tiguan part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts