Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today My E-Bay account was stolen. It was stolen for about 3 hours, before I noticed it........in those three hours...the a-hole bought a LAMBO for the BUY IT NOW price out of Germany and was to have it shipped to Spain...

I was able to locate this A-Hole through my good friends computer skills......when I E-Mailed him.he had the NERVE to tell me to send him $400.00 and he would leave my account alone!!!!

I wrote back...stating that we in the RUSSIAN MAFIA do not take kindly to our info being stolen...and that I would be happy to deliver the $400.00 directly to him myself...via some co-partners in Spain...however I did not think he would have much enjoyable life after the delivery to spend it.....but he could leave it to his family to pay for his unexpected accident.

Needless to say I have not heard back.......

CHECK YOUR E-BAY ACCOUNTS OFTEN!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
138 Posts
ouch man.....

no one would want to steal my account because I never bid on anything! I look alot but have yet to buy!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have no idea how he got passwaor.E-Bay says credit card info is on another server for Pay Pal and it is to secure toobtain info...........

He bought 30se ORANGE IN COLOR FOR 168k

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you use a wireless router to access the internet? I have seen news stories where people literally walk down residential streets and can access the internet using people's wireless routers (which have about a 300 foot range I am told). The story I saw on television said that hackers can get into the victim's computer and access all their information, i.e. passwords, stock/bank accounts, etc.

Scary stuff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Roy, its Alex. :wave: That sucks what happened to you. I never knew some one can steel youre e-bay account. Did you talk to e-bay? What did they say?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Roy,

sorry man.

It has happen to me twice in 7 years on Ebay. Both times Ebay emailed me about the account.

MAKE SURE YOU CALL OR EMAIL SAFE HARBOR so they can investigate. Anything done by someone other than you will be expunged from you ebay record!

I also had to relog on and change my user name and password.

Let me know if you need any help on the steps as I have done it twice.

Ebay is not nearly as secure as they wish it was.

David

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right e-Bay is NOT that secure...the best way to find out is to keep up your current FAX#, or another E-MAIL address that is different than the one linked to your e-bay account for info change request conformation......

When E-Bay got the request to change the address and password...they did it and sent me a confirmation via FAX!!!!!! This is when I caught on....had they send the conformation E-MAIL!!!, like must of us have....I would NEVER have gotten it....because the little PIECE of S>>>> also had the E-Mail address changed...which must of them do when they steal your account....so you would never know...or at least would not know till you try to log on to e-bay with your password.......and unless you do this every day...you could go days with out knowing they have your account.

MY SUGGESTION:

Change your notification request to FAX!!!!!!! Or to another E-Mail address other than your E-Bay account is linked to!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
so what he stole your ebay account and bought a Lambo with it. Its not like it was charged to your credit card.
****ty of course, but not the end of the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts