Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about ducatis? Fast, Italian, good looking, I think one would look great in a garage next to a Lamborghini. I'm actually checking out the 1000 ds supersport. If I like it, I might just buy one. Anyone have anything they would like to share with a potential buyer about the 1000 ds, or ducati bikes in general?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, I have a great picture of a ducati, but I don't know how to upload it. Its just a regular size image, but the attachment management tool is telling me its like 500 times to big, anyone have have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh yeah

I am not a Lambo owner, but do have a Ducati 998. Great machines! They are to the bike world what F & L cars are to the automobile world (well, maybe more fcar like). They are not the fastest, or most reliable, and they require more service...but they are Italian! Sexy rides for sure.

If your garage will fit it, I wouldn’t hesitate to park one next to the Lambo!

Joel

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
ColaGuy said:
They are not the fastest, or most reliable, and they require more service...but they are Italian!
Those were the words I was looking for!! :D

-mick (R1)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depends on what you are planning to do with it. Do you plan to have people riding with you (ride double)? And are you an experienced bike rider?

If you love Ducati styling and you have the money, get the 999 if you intend to have people ride double and if you're like me who likes to ride single, get the 999s. The bike is worth every penny.

The downside with the 999 is that the riding position is a bit tiring and if you're not a experienced rider, you should definitely start on something smaller.

By the way, the Supersport is also a nice bike but it all depends on what you're looking for. :evil:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thinkt he Ducatis are ugly myself, I like the R1 100 times more. But if you like it buy it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
ColaGuy said:
I am not a Lambo owner, but do have a Ducati 998. Great machines! They are to the bike world what F & L cars are to the automobile world (well, maybe more fcar like). They are not the fastest, or most reliable, and they require more service...but they are Italian! Sexy rides for sure.

If your garage will fit it, I wouldn’t hesitate to park one next to the Lambo!

Joel
a friend of mine is a ducati fanatic: he had a 996 and now he has a 998 tuned with more than 140 HP :eek:
i have ride both and they are fabolous, really , but the best thing in a ducati is the sound they makes, i have no words for it

if i was in you i will buy a post 2000 duke,much more reliable than an old ones

remember best dukes are 4 valvole,much more faster than DS, and 999 is a bigger bike . i am pretty tall(190cm.)and i don't fit easilly in a 998 :(
:wave:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
I thinkt he Ducatis are ugly myself, I like the R1 100 times more. But if you like it buy it.
i agree for the 999: they are not so beautiful in my opinion
but the older 998 is 100 times better face to the R1, it is still a motor legend

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
By the way, I have a great picture of a ducati, but I don't know how to upload it. Its just a regular size image, but the attachment management tool is telling me its like 500 times to big, anyone have have any suggestions?
You can open it in Paint, resize it down until it fits and try again. Or email it to me and I'll do it for you. [email protected] :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually own a 2001 R1, I love it and I'm looking to buy the 2005 R1, it's beautiful but I thought what we were saying is what would go with a Lamborghini in the garage? Of course the R1 would also go with the lambo but I still have to say a Ducati is still a Ducati.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I bought a used 900 sp with almost 20k miles. It was well cared for by the previous owner & me. When I sold it I got my full purchase price back, almost free to own. I had zero problems. Should never have sold it. The Ducati was one of the best mechanical things I have owned. At 100 mph it sounded like an Ac Cobra. When it sat still it got plenty of attention, especially compared to any other bike, including my friends RC 30 Honda. They are works of art, much like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Oh, I am suffering from withdraws...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 749S in yellow. I LOVE it ! It reminds me of a Lamborghini
when I look at it !

As said earlier about the 999, the riding position can get tiring, but after
1000 miles, I'm starting to get used to it. My hands don't fall asleep anywhere
near as much as they used to and the riding position is starting to feel more
natural, instead of like being on a rack. On the new 749 and 999 you can
adjust things a lot more for rider comfiort than on the older Ducati
superbikes. Your dealer can help you with this.

One thing that I like, is that there is an engine idle control on the left bar
that I use, when the road is clear, like a cruise control, for a short period
of time. In other words, when I want to get my right hand off the throttle
for a little while, I'll set the speed and RPM so that I can use the idle
control, by selecting the correct gear, dial up the engine idle via
the control on the left bar, and take my hand off the throttle for a few
moments. It's quite refreshing for my right hand, for those moments
when my right hand needs a break! I also don't forget to move the engine
idle control back to the low idle setting !!

I love Ducs and this is my second. I had a 900SS FE as a first bike.

I got to meet Eric Bostrum for a short chat at the dealership. He also likes
749S's. I'll try a 999S someday. Or maybe an R. I contemplated a
749R for awhile. How about a Desmosedici RR !! (but they're not available
yet). But one should work ones way up to these kinds of bikes over time.

The Italian style really comes out in the Ducati Superbikes. And the sound,
as mentioned, is quite unique and fantastic.

Ride safe !!

Larry

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had some Jap bikes, but once I got a Ducati............I sold them. I had 907i.e. and now a I have had a 916 for the last 8 years. Very reliable, fast enough, and looks to die for. Why would you go anywhere else?

Ciao.......Dino

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Ingenere, pretty difficult to beat the 'Ducs' on looks. Although not the fastest bikes, the sheer beauty, sound and feel of the Italian two wheeled Lambo's cant be found anywhere else in the bike world. I see plenty of riders on the newer Jap bikes, and can only wonder if they will ever get the opportunity to experience the difference that an Italian bike provides. One of my lifes ambitions is to take my Duc to the Isle of Man (..incidentally, the BEST place in the world to have an offshore account..!), and ride around during the TT they hold there each year.....yeahhhhh. Love the 916, it's a keeper.... Ciao, Rascasse

·
Registered
7 Posts
how about an MV????

An MV Agusta I think is a way better bike than ducati own an MV Agusta now and am very pleased with my money spent! Its a 750 f4 great motorcycle heres a pic of one just like it and of course its little brother a ducati! (red one) and heres a pic of one that i wanted (blue) :wave:
blue mv agusta

red mv

·
Registered
170 Posts
murcielago1980 said:
a ducatti makes great sounds but i like the suzuki gsx-r1000 moor :cool:
I personally like the sound of the Buell Firebolt XB-12R. Never heard a Ducatti but I hear they sound good. Sorry but Gixxers sound like crap compared to the Firebolt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Italian bikes rock!!

I have been the proud owner of '96 Ducati 900 SS, then a '98 Ducati 748, then a 2001 748S, then a 749 biposto and finally bought 2005 MV Agusta and it is awesome. I'll tell you about it later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
had a 916 then a 996 SPS (tweaked to 140 hp). Absolutely fabulous bikes to ride on fast winding roads. Great on the track. You can spend a bundle tricking them out with carbon/magnesium race parts and end up with something truly special.
Unfortunetly I high sided one day at the track and busted the bike and myself somewhat. My wife decided it was time to retrire from two wheels. In exchange she let me get a supercharged NSX which has now given way to a '04 Blue Gallardo.
Bikes are more intense than cars and thus more fun but the risk/reward is much higher too. Riding a Ducati at speed on mountain roads takes alot of conentration and is physically demanding, but a pure adrenaline rush.
Driving the Gallardo on the same roads is less intense but alot easier on the nervous system. Both are pure fun.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
90493m said:
Driving the Gallardo on the same roads is less intense but alot easier on the nervous system. Both are pure fun.
new lambo are easy to drive and les intense, i agree
i think you should try an old one( countach, miura, ecc.. they are really hard and intense
i ride some 916 and 996: they are fabolous
:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts