Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in love, well, I have always been in love with Ducati but they have sealed the deal with the 1199. 195hp for 365lbs of weight giving her a nice little power to weight ratio. My wife may kill me but screw it, I may pull the trigger. Looks like a March delivery date right now if I order through TeamMCC. Of course, I just had shoulder surgery last week so the bike will be ready before I will:( My motivation to heal faster).

Ducati 1199 Panigale - Ducati

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice inspiration. I don't own one but I do lust after them.

When I was shopping for my bike, if I had waited one year I would have the Diavel in my garage. It's somewhat controversial but I think it's a great bike. I'd also be happy with a Monster (796). But I like the more upright rider position on the Diavel - and it fits GREAT!

Unfortunately my inseam is too short for some of the other ducks but that doesn't stop me from admiring!

·
Registered
940 Posts
:) I thought I remembered reading gvan had a Duck as well. I just had shoulder surgery on the 17th and started physical therapy today. The 1199 is my inspiration for recovery.
Hope your recovery goes well! I just was released from therapy about 2 weeks ago from a shoulder surgery in the end of August. I had a torn labrum..what did you have? Shoulder surgery blows..but I am finally back to rowing so I am happy.

On the topic of that bike, someone in one of the FB groups I am in just posted this. Looks awesome with the carbon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know your height etc but the Panigale is fairly small. I went form a 916, to quite a few Harleys over the years and now I am back to wanting something I can take out for a "quick" spin every know and then. I'm pretty positive I am going to pick one up. Simply gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope your recovery goes well! I just was released from therapy about 2 weeks ago from a shoulder surgery in the end of August. I had a torn labrum..what did you have? Shoulder surgery blows..but I am finally back to rowing so I am happy.

On the topic of that bike, someone in one of the FB groups I am in just posted this. Looks awesome with the carbon.
That is crazy, same thing I had (torn Labrum, left shoulder). I also had a bit of bone shaved in the rotator.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That is crazy, same thing I had (torn Labrum, left shoulder). I also had a bit of bone shaved in the rotator.
Crazy is right. Mine was right shoulder, but I too had bone shaved. They also pulled out a floating piece of cartilage about 1cm long. My full recovery took 4 months..I am at about 95% motion and strength is good. Hopefully yours is the same!

How did you tear yours? Mine was torn doing military press...but it was a light weight so I am assuming I had damaged it beforehand and that final action made it tear.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I jacked mine up at work. It sucks and I am ready to get back to normal or as close as I can.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't wait to see one. Looks like March will be when my local dealers start getting them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts