Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure the dealership is on this forum too. This is the car. Egear LP640: Lamborghini Vehicle Details Sarasota | Luxury Car Dealership near Tampa

I would be trading two cars in for it. My 2004 manual gallardo, and my 2013 ariel atom 3. On top of that I'd still owe them ~$44k. I'm having a tough time deciding if one car is good enough to trade all of that in.

While driving it, I realized that the LP640 is what I expected the gallardo to be. I've only had the gallardo for 2 months and have been pretty disappointed with it. The sound isnt all that great in person because of how insulated the car is (I have a tubi and cat delete, and now I get to deal with constant CELs and it still doesnt sound great), it feels gigantic, it feels heavy, the seats feel like they're made of rocks and they have no height adjust so i get to sit on a cushion or I have to look up over the dash the entire time, the gearing is horrendous. You cant redline it even once without hitting 70mph.

The LP640 somehow feels less gigantic and less heavy. Probably because I can actually adjust the seat and see over the dash. The seats feel like real seats, the sound is what you would expect a lamborghini to sound like, but at the same time its an egear, and egear parts for these are expensive, and I definitely cant afford a manual lp640.

I know you guys are biased because you own them, but what do you think? A single LP640 vs a manual gallardo, an ariel atom 3, and 44k? I'm having trouble justifying it. Its great, but I'm not sure if its that great. Maybe I would be better off trading in the gallardo and $44k for a pre-lp murcielago with a manual and keeping the atom. Just not sure. I dont think I can trade in the gallardo and plunk down nearly $100k cash on top of that. Definitely no chance of finding a bank to finance this thing with any decent rate. Figured I'd ask what you guys think. I buy my cars to drive, not to show off, so I'm mainly interested in the driving dynamics and experience the car offers. Not much else.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
"Maybe I would be better off trading in the gallardo and $44k for a pre-lp murcielago with a manual"

You'll be getting a pre-LP Murci with an E-Gear for that money. The Pre-LP manuals have rocketed up recently.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Maybe I would be better off trading in the gallardo and $44k for a pre-lp murcielago with a manual"

You'll be getting a pre-LP Murci with an E-Gear for that money. The Pre-LP manuals have rocketed up recently.
That might be the case. Last I checked there were a few manual pre-lps in the 160 - 180 range. Now I'm seeing egears in that range. Crazy what the market has done in just 6 months.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That might be the case. Last I checked there were a few manual pre-lps in the 160 - 180 range. Now I'm seeing egears in that range. Crazy what the market has done in just 6 months.
Not a "might be" situation. Here's the last 3 manuals that sold on BaT's online auction. These aren't asking prices.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a "might be" situation. Here's the last 3 manuals that sold on BaT's online auction. These aren't asking prices.

Yes, trust me I know how to run comps lol. I just havent seriously looked at the murcielago market in months.

That $400k car is definitely an outlier, though. I was watching them all as they completed and was pretty surprised when the silver one finished at 250k. When that car sold, there were two manual pre-lps on the market and both of them were under 200k. One had an accident, but the other was clean title.

I think these cars have the same "issue" as any other car with low production numbers. There are very few of them, meaning theres usually only one or two on the market at any given moment. This means sellers can essentially set the market price. There is not a single ariel atom for sale in the US right now. If I list mine, I can price it for whatever I want. If someone is rich enough and wants one right now, they might be willing to pay over market since its the only option. There are a lot of people who would rather over pay to get one right now instead of wait for a more reasonably priced one to pop up. I have a hard time believing the going rate is 250k+ now, but maybe that really is fair market. Thats a huge jump in a short period of time. There was an F355 GTB that sold for way over market because it was the only one that had been listed in a bout a year. Doesnt necessarily mean people are willing to pay that much, it just means one guy was willing to significantly overpay to get into one right now. Since that one sold, more have been listed for about 50k cheaper and wind up selling, too.

Either way, I really didnt post this to argue about market values. Maybe the pre-lp manual is more expensive than the LP640 these days. Okay.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The yellow gated drug dealer car is an outlier on the low end as many people will never buy it because of the rep and the white gated preLP has a horrendous body kit on it(it almost makes it look like a kit car). I would say the white one wouldnt be bad if you swapped out oem body panels. As for your question, 5 years ago i had a gated 05 gallardo and a LP640 at the same time. I had planned on keeping both but the egear LP640 looked/sounded so much better and was more fun to drive. Shortly thereafter sold the gallardo since i never drove it. I dont think you will have any regrets getting the lp640

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must be unaware of the yellow drug dealer car. Which one is this? I dont see that anywhere. Are you talking about the one that sold a few months back? Not sure if there are any like that on the market right now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I must be unaware of the yellow drug dealer car. Which one is this? I dont see that anywhere. Are you talking about the one that sold a few months back? Not sure if there are any like that on the market right now.
interior has since been redone. I havent heard anything negative about its condition though

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yes, I know of that car. I thought you were saying that it was for sale at the moment. I dont mind the history, just havent seen it up for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a feeling if you don’t get the LP640 now, you’ll pay more later. Last real Lambo before Audi took over. I love mine. Also had 3 Gallardos, and while they’re amazing, they’re not lambos like the 640 is.

if you don’t buy the 640, you’ll keep wishing you did. If you get it, you’ll love it.

Also, the egear is solid. Ever parked a Gallardo next to a Murcie?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a feeling if you don’t get the LP640 now, you’ll pay more later. Last real Lambo before Audi took over. I love mine. Also had 3 Gallardos, and while they’re amazing, they’re not lambos like the 640 is.

if you don’t buy the 640, you’ll keep wishing you did. If you get it, you’ll love it.

Also, the egear is solid. Ever parked a Gallardo next to a Murcie?
Yes. The LP640 blows it away in the looks department. What really gets me is how massive the gallardo feels, despite being a lot smaller. Somehow you dont feel the weight as much in the lp640. Funny thing; I actually measured my garage and found the doors will hit my ceiling. First world problems, right?

Like I said, I was very disappointed by the gallardo. Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had in a car that I've bought (and I owned a granturismo! lol)
After driving the LP640, I realize thats because I was expecting the gallardo t have the experience of the lp. Guess my expectations werent quite lined up with reality.

I'm not sure if a manual pre-lp murcielago or an lp640 would be a better buy. I'm going to lose my ass on trade-in, would prefer if I didnt overpay for a car that might go down in value. Not super familiar with the murcielago market. Having a hard time determining if $194k is even a good price. It needs a few things. The AC doesnt work, for example. The only lp640 comp on BAT sold for $164k. Everybody is asking ~190 for hardtops, but thats asking, not sales price. Considering this car has sat for 7 months at the dealer, it makes me think it may be overpriced a tad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Something like 1,150 lp640 coupes made worldwide - do the math. If you’re in a position to buy one of these, don’t sweat the possible loss in value - I don’t see it going down FYI, only up.

make your $ elsewhere lol, enjoy the car! I’m going to drive mine this weekend.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the specs of your gallardo? Would prob sell quick if you post it here.
its a 2004 with a manual transmission. Hardtop. Black exterior, yellow calipers/interior. Seems like manual cars sit a loooong time before they sell.

I figure the atom is worth ~60k and the gallardo is ~110. Dealership is offering me 150 total for both.

·
Registered
177 Posts
wow you're the first person I hear say the Gallardo feels heavier than the LP640. I move my G out to get the LP640 out sometimes and it's night and day feeling the weight of the beast. LP640 to me is a heavy and wider car. Not to mention the odd settings they put in that car. Makes it that more fun.

Anyways... I'd go for the lp640 over the Pre-Lp for reason of the looks and the drivetrain. The sound it makes when straight piped is amazing. Not to say the G doesn't sound great. Word I've heard the G pre-lp has one on the best sounding cars w/ a 10 cylinder. I wouldn't let the price distract you from purchasing it. You'll regret tomorrow if you wait longer. Definitely w/ the news of Lamborghini making a transition onto electric by 2025 you can bet your bottom dollar that it'll have a benefit to owning one now before that actually happens.

good luck and happy hunting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not remotely true.
Personally my interest drops off at the lp560. The murcielago, lp640, and pre-lp gallardo all feel "lamborghini" enough. Audi technically got involved around 1998, but didnt start making big decisions and changes until the lp560. Thats how I understand it, at least.

·
Registered
139 Posts
its a 2004 with a manual transmission. Hardtop. Black exterior, yellow calipers/interior. Seems like manual cars sit a loooong time before they sell.

I figure the atom is worth ~60k and the gallardo is ~110. Dealership is offering me 150 total for both.
Check the classifieds on here. Your same spec sold for 114 with average miles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts