Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shocked to say that I LOVED it - it wasnt in a Murci but in a G car - the thing is way to small for me since i am a 6-2" 250 lb good but it was alot of fun to drive - and they say the Murci egear is even better than that! So I think my next Murci is going to be a E Gear :GASP: - I always was a 6 spd man - you can even teach me a new trick or two!

Alot of fun to drive - dont knock it till you try it and I have been knocking it for years! much better transmission that my brother 360 spider F1

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm telling you I am more shocked than anyone! I really liked the way it felt - made the car alot more fun to drive!

·
Registered
4 Posts
YellowMurci said:
the thing is way to small for me since i am a 6-2" 250 lb good but it was alot of fun to drive
I'm seriously thinking about buying a G SE or MY06 but I'm also 6-2" (1.89m) and weigh 213 lb (97kg). I already sat down in a SE and slightly touched the roof. Is that normal or ......

·
Registered
68 Posts
E-gear will give you a better driving experience. You can do things with e-gear you cant do with stick. Take tight turns, shift quick (150ms), and do it all with both hands on the wheel. Also, at full throttle, the shifts are strong and fast. It is hard for most people to replicate this type of driving style. I know I can't shift from redline in 1st to 2nd in under 150ms with my foot at full throttle while I shift with the stick.

Also, you can get on it full throttle, and drop it into 1st or 2nd gear from 4,5,6 almost instantly. The acceleration is incredible. Try to go full throttle in a stick shift at 4th gear, keep your foot 100% on the gas, and drop it to 1st or 2nd quickly .... Doesn't work so good.

But the stick shift is better for launching the car. Much more control and it is also a little more challenging. If you have not owned an e-gear, it is the way to go. But after a few years of e-gear, you might find yourself wanting a little more interaction with the car and that is where some people are slowly going from e-gear back to stick shift.

Lambo and Ferrari sales all skyrocketed when they announced e-gear and F1. Ferrari didnt have a wait list until 1998 when the F1 came out. Lambo never sold so many cars until they introduced the e-gear. It caters to two markets: people who dont know how to drive a stick (a big percentage of the new market share) and people who want to experience the full potential of the car

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
YellowMurci said:
I'm telling you I am more shocked than anyone! I really liked the way it felt - made the car alot more fun to drive!

No surprise at all to me. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would like to interject some doubt into your desision for e gear. I traded my one month old g car with e gear for a new 6 speed. Its not that I did not see the advantage but there are some down falls. If you live in an area with a lot of hills and traffic jams you will have high cluth wear and an nagging feeling that you are not in control, because you are not. My new 6 speed is great, crisp clean and in control.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am 6 2" and almost touched the roof - I guess it depends on the proportions of your body - as far as the egear is concerned I have been driving stick cars for 20 years and I guess I just liked it cause it was something new - wouldnt it be nice if the car could have both!

·
Registered
68 Posts
dagdan said:
If you live in an area with a lot of hills and traffic jams you will have high cluth wear and an nagging feeling that you are not in control, because you are not. My new 6 speed is great, crisp clean and in control.
I am assume you mean "not in control" from a stand still? If so, i agree. The clutch wear on the e-gear from a standstill definitely feels like it is a lot more than a 6 speed.

There are some tricks to engaging the clutch with e-gear. A fast jab of the throttle (but not a lot of throttle, maybe 5-10%) will engage it quicker than slowly increasing to 15-20% throttle. The speed with which you hit the accelerator usually determines how quickly the clutch will engage .. so high speed + low throttle results in a fast gentle engagement.

The take off is not a good experience with e-gear compared to 6 speed. After you get moving, the e-gear is amazing. But, agreed, if you do a lot of stop and go, the e-gear is not as strong of a feature

·
Registered
36 Posts
basistrdr said:
I am assume you mean "not in control" from a stand still? If so, i agree. The clutch wear on the e-gear from a standstill definitely feels like it is a lot more than a 6 speed.

There are some tricks to engaging the clutch with e-gear. A fast jab of the throttle (but not a lot of throttle, maybe 5-10%) will engage it quicker than slowly increasing to 15-20% throttle. The speed with which you hit the accelerator usually determines how quickly the clutch will engage .. so high speed + low throttle results in a fast gentle engagement.

The take off is not a good experience with e-gear compared to 6 speed. After you get moving, the e-gear is amazing. But, agreed, if you do a lot of stop and go, the e-gear is not as strong of a feature
I absolutely agree.
E-gear isn't for everybody and if you are going to use the car in a lot of traffic or at low speed (posing!) then it's like walking through a minefield. The concentration required to avoid headbutting the car in front will have you sweating like a P. I. G.
I think e-gear is superb but I live in open countryside with lots of curves and hills, and very little police activity. I have had to drive through some horrendous traffic and it just makes me appreciate the open road behaviour more.
If I do have a criticism it's that the paddles on the Murci are bigger and easier to use than the Gallardo's, which should make the Murci even more fun.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
steelydave said:
I'd pass on both of those junkers. The Countach was the last great Lambo.
Again, we have heard this enough from you. If you are not going to post things of worth to others you will soon find the cyber door!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I heard E-Gear had a few problems in the '04 models, from a few owners i know, but i guess not everyone, haven't heard anyone mention that yet soo.....

Personally just sitting in the Gallardo/Murci, and being a fairly 225lbs guy it would probably be a bit more comfortable to drive an E-gear version. More leg space i think is key for comfort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts