Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just imported a 2004 Murcie into Canada from Florida.
I need DRL to be active to pass a Federal inspection.
Some people "believe" it's done via software, others believe it to be accomplished via a "hardware" switch somewhere in the dash.
No definite answer and the dealer won't give their trade secrets...they want the business.
Does anyone have any insights or experience doing this on a 2004?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Federal inspections under RIV are done at any Canadian Tire. The guys that work there will be so excited to get a Lambo in there that they will let just about anything pass. Take the car and ask to be present for the inspection. When it comes to the DRL, you sit in the car and just turn the lights on with the ignition. If if does not work for you just go to another Canadian Tire and repeat. You DO NOT want DRL's on a Murci. The bulbs will overheat the headlight housings and distort them. At over $10K per headlight this is a very expensive problem that can be avoided.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nuvolari, I agree with not needing to RUN DRL and longer term it can fog up the internals of the lamp/unit due to release of xenon gases and the small marker peanut bulb can start smelting the unit if not changed to LED.

Someone else suggested the same thing, but I have a hard time believing that CAN Tire would be so ignorant to fall for this trick?

Also covering up the dome sensor on the center dash to detect dark should also "auto activate" the head lights, but doesn't seem to work on my car or two others I've tested.

I also don't have plates. Ontario won't provide Temp plates until the Federal RIV is passed. So I wont have the luxury to go to endless Can Tire inspections, to look for that "dummy".

Who know's I just may need to be more optimistic. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello all

Saw this on Tavarish's video...had to Google it, but yeah...there's a switch panel behind the dash that just enables DRL's.

It won't let me post a link to the video since I am a new user, but the youtube video address following the .com is /watch?v=rXJPdw_eSEY

6m 35s into the video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts