Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying first days of the new year with little bit of snow :cool:

Didn't have so much fun for quite some time.

Do you drive your huracan in the winter?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I looked outside and there was too much ice and wet to consider it.
I told myself no, and I actually listened

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yes, but living in Texas there is not much winter. It's been years since we had snow. We have several 60+F days through out the winter. No winter storage needed for the car or the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Most important thing would be tires.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,121 Posts
Yes but, then again, there is no snow in Central Texas.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Love the top down photo in the snow. Haven't seen snow in almost 6 years, miss snowboarding.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Hats off to you driving in the snow. Must be so much fun! We have no snow where I live so every day is a day I can drive. I really feel for the guys who have to wait out those winter months !

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i noticed that I don't have snow chains. I found these autosock things which can be used as a replacement. I heard they don't damage the fender like the chains if something happens.

I'm considering ordering them. anyone has experience with them?

btw pic is not mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This car stands out in its background. It seems like you had so much fun. I have never tried to install a snow chain before but a couple of my friends have a set.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i noticed that I don't have snow chains. I found these autosock things which can be used as a replacement. I heard they don't damage the fender like the chains if something happens.

I'm considering ordering them. anyone has experience with them?

btw pic is not mine.

View attachment 291302
Those autosocks aren't meant to be used on pavement. They will shred pretty quick and you have to stay under something like 40 km/h. On snow, they are suppose to be great so if your streets aren't plowed regularly by the city, then it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2018 Lamborghini Performante
14 Posts
Those autosocks aren't meant to be used on pavement. They will shred pretty quick and you have to stay under something like 40 km/h. On snow, they are suppose to be great so if your streets aren't plowed regularly by the city, then it might be worth a try.
thats def. good to know.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those who are keeping the great huracans in the garage when the weather is not sunny, you're missing a lot!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,121 Posts
Looks picturesque but hard to go 130+mph in that winter wonderland. At least, your EVO is not just a fair weather friend. An auto for all seasons!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts