Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any owners drive their Murcie in the rain and experience water getting onto the engine through the bonnet? Or how about washing your Murcie and you accidentally spray water into the engine compartment? Do you feel that the engine compartment can be better protected from water ingress? How?

·
Registered
119 Posts
We get stuck in some bad afternoon thunderstorms in the Florida summer. The engine gets wet. Like all cars water spashes up from the tires and gets the engine wet and dirty. If you leave the Murcielago out in the rain at least some will get in and wash the engine cleaner.

When I wash the car I occasionally wash the engine if it is dirty but if it is clean I cover the engine with a tarp to keep it clean and dry.

aehaas

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The "early" Murcis had serious problems with Water Ingress to the Spark Plugs!!!

The Factory finally addressed this issue in 04 with New Plug Sealing Boots!!!

It is a Recall/Factory Update, so, if your Murci is early or hasn't been updated, see to it that it gets the required upgrade!

:)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I find service bulletins for the Murcie independant from the dealer? Mine's the 2003 bought 2 weeks ago with 150km from the dealer in Vancouver. I have noticed some water vapor condensation around the rear and front lights. I doubt the car has all the service bulletin upgrades done yet. What other issues should I look out for? My car comes with a 2 year warranty so I want to fix all the known issues a.s.a.p. You know how long one has to wait for parts.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Dealer IS the source for all TSB's (Technical Service Bullitens).

LTalk has vast resources so we hear about "things".

I think your Dealer will help you revue the records, and of course if they don't you can mention that here...:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
zzoorrkk

The moisture in the tail lights is a manufacturing problem - bad seal at the plastic lenses. Lamborghini replaced both of my rear light units as a warranty issue. The headlight moisture I was told is a fact of life. There are filtered air vents in the units to let the moisture evaporate. They might suggest that you remove the filters to let the evaporation work more rapidly, however, you will run the risk of bugs (spiders and such) finding their way into the unit where they can make a mess that will be difficult to clean later.

Be sure to have them pull the spark plugs and check for water leaks and have them prove that the plugs are not getting wet.....my 02 Murcielago ended up with a really bad case of water leakage into the spark plug ports - the housings were completely rusted when they were removed. Lamborghini also fixed and replaced all of the spark plug housings and installed the new "O" rings.

Don't us the sunglass storage unit in the overhead console. The touch latch is a cheap $.03 piece of plastic that will fail after only a few uses - they will fix and replace it, but it's not worth the trouble to mess with.

Good luck with your Murci!

WHB - former Murci owner........

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Problem si Lambo doesnt keep a national databse like mercedes - each dealer has its own information - so if i dont know which dealers my car has visited you will never know what was done

·
Registered
23 Posts
Defense lawyers will tell you that it is much harder to get in trouble during a law suit........If you don't keep good records.........

Hmmmmmm.....??

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. I will talk to the service manager on Monday about the spark plugs O-ring, head and tail lights. I broke the sunglass holder tab on the first day of ownership. :wave: Repair part is on order.

I drove Murcie around town today to relax - I love my Batmobile. Everyday I drive it I learn to drive it smoother. The 6 speed tranny is great, though a bit stiff when the engine is cold. I start gentle driving only half a minute after cold startup. How long do you guys warm up your Lambos before driving?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
YellowMurci said:
Problem si Lambo doesnt keep a national databse like mercedes - each dealer has its own information - so if i dont know which dealers my car has visited you will never know what was done
BS (BULL****)!!!

don't know who told you that, but they were either, ill informed, ignorant, or lying!!!

:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
JRV,
I was told the same thing by Lamborghini of Dallas and John Amette with Lamborghini USA - they both said that there is no national database that records and compiles the work done on the cars......I think it has to do with not creating a "stink trail" for many of the later model cars.
WHB

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Several lambo dalers told me this - and it is true - i am sure if you ask your dealer he will tell you the same thing i think it is ridiculous but that is the way it is -

i let my car warm up about 5-8 mins before i take her out and my tranny also is hard to move thru the gears i usually go from 1st to 3rd for a bit while the transfer case and tranny get to operationg temp

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to change the stock Grundig radio/CD player for an aftermarket DVD player with mp3. There's also a 6-CD changer in the back of the passenger seat. I wonder if an aftermarket DVD deck can be hooked up to the Grundig 6-CD changer? A car stereo guy in town told me to get an Alpine system. He does not know if the CD-changer has to be replaced too. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
zzoorrkk said:
I want to change the stock Grundig radio/CD player for an aftermarket DVD player with mp3. There's also a 6-CD changer in the back of the passenger seat. I wonder if an aftermarket DVD deck can be hooked up to the Grundig 6-CD changer? A car stereo guy in town told me to get an Alpine system. He does not know if the CD-changer has to be replaced too. What do you guys think?
An aftermarket unit will not work with the factory changer but you can usually find a cd changer to fit in the same place if you want to keep it looking stock

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YellowMurci said:
An aftermarket unit will not work with the factory changer but you can usually find a cd changer to fit in the same place if you want to keep it looking stock
You mean keep the Grundig deck and change the 6-CD in the back to an aftermarket 6-DVD? Do you know of any aftermarket 6-DVD changer that can just go into the back and function with the Grundig deck?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts