Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:
I don't have my car ready to drive until the spring, but wanted to know if anyone on this board ever drove in New York City (or any other city) with their exotic? What was it like? I drive in the city all the time and cringe thinking about taking my Diablo into the city. I know it would be a crowd pleaser once it's parked, but driving it there :eek:

I am so so envious of you guys taking road trips. My road trip will be through the FDR drive to harlem. I'll need all the horse-power the Diablo has to make it out alive! :D :D

·
Banned
51 Posts
Drive with my bro. in his Viper all the time into the city. Just know the roads you are driving on and if they have a lot of potholes, don't do it. If they have a few, they can be avoided ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Drove down the Henry Hudson to the Westside hwy all the way down and back. Only time I would do it again is early Sat or Sun morning. Other than that NEVER!
Don't forget, I have a 78 Countach...NOT one you want to be stuck in traffic or near ANY cads with.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I drive my bright yellow SV in San Diego. You will get your fair share of admirers and some haters everywhere you go. Driving it often is not my concern. What worries me is always where to park. I tend not to leave my car parked unattended.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I live in Hong Kong, which is basically ALL city and hardly and country.
The looks of passerby's face is priceless.
The real down side is traffic jams. Don't try to count how many times you use the clutch - you'll be depressed.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I drive mine ALL the time, Seattle or Vancover B.C., not a problem nor a worry.

I have found that if I park it normal, like all other cars I never seem to have a problem. All the problems i hear of ,(i.e., key marks spitting on ectt..) seem to be when one takes up two spots, parks where they shouldn't ect...

I think people respect me more when i drive it like ANY other car, just out enjoying it. Aftr all IT IS STILL JUST A CAR!!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Taking a Murcielago through London is only for the very brave! It's the width of the thing and the fact that others in dirty delivery vans and motorcycle couriers don't seem to care!

Have driven a Ferrari in New York (sorry everyone!) which was fine - very wide lanes compared to the UK.

Don't like taking my Vanquish into London - particularly because the clutch is not up to the job (see comment from Hong Kong!).

And everyone agrees that you need more faith than Freddy the Faithfull from Faithville to actually leave these cars in a public car park!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am also from Hong Kong (friend with Eric who already expressed himself above). As you know, we are not in a BIG city here in HK so you get to drive on the same road almost every time we take our babe out. Personally, I've always worried about people would think I am an axxhole showing off with my babe when driving on busy street...but what I only want to do is to DRIVE!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Night Driving

I think I will do most of my driving early in the morning or late late night. Any good routes in the NYC Metro area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
91lamborestor said:
Any good routes in the NYC Metro area?
Cross the George Washington bridge into NJ and then take the Palisades Parkway North, which will take you back across the NY border into Rockland County. Continue on the Palisades Parkway all the way to the end (about a 45 minute drive from the GW bridge). At the end you will find the Bear Mountain bridge -- cross this bridge, and on the other side you will find the most awsome curvy mountain roads you've ever driven on.

·
Banned
51 Posts
91lamborestor said:
I think I will do most of my driving early in the morning or late late night. Any good routes in the NYC Metro area?
What were cars built for? To drive, not to just look at. Drive it anytime, anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts