Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing around with the configurator, and I’m a bit stuck with these two options. Can someone elaborate what comes with each one and why I would consider combining the two for a RWD Spyder?

Does anyone have experience with LDS and the magnetic suspension? I had a version of LDS on a BMW, but maybe it’s different on the Lambo (on the BMW it was called adaptive steering and slowed the response at higher speeds to prevent a twitchy or nervous driver from getting into trouble).

I have a version of the Magnetic ride on the 458 and really can’t tell the difference enough to order it with another car, unless it actually does something on the Lambo.

I also don’t quite understand the codes (WT1, WT3) but the dealer could help me there.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas,

william

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Had the Dynamic steering on my LP610 and liked it, was able to compare it by switching with a friend who didnt have it. If you search online you will find some good videos describing how it works. On my 610 is was a $2,400 option but I don't see it on my Evo AWD sticker and it's also not listed as an option in the order guide. So guessing it's now just a standard part of the AWS system? As for magnetic ride I would not buy a car without it. Had on both my R8's and my LP610, on these cars it's unlike the 488 since it's a passive system and you don't turn on/off like in Ferrari. Is softer in Strada and then firms up as you switch to Sport then Corsa. One of the reasons I switched from R8 to my LP610 was I wanted an R8 Plus, on the Plus they don't offer Magride. So took one for a test drive and found it horrible compared to my R8's that had it. Some is because I live in an area where are roads are crappy because of the damage they receive each winter, in an area with better roads you might be able to get away without it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the Dynamic steering on my LP610 and liked it, was able to compare it by switching with a friend who didnt have it. If you search online you will find some good videos describing how it works. On my 610 is was a $2,400 option but I don't see it on my Evo AWD sticker and it's also not listed as an option in the order guide. So guessing it's now just a standard part of the AWS system? As for magnetic ride I would not buy a car without it. Had on both my R8's and my LP610, on these cars it's unlike the 488 since it's a passive system and you don't turn on/off like in Ferrari. Is softer in Strada and then firms up as you switch to Sport then Corsa. One of the reasons I switched from R8 to my LP610 was I wanted an R8 Plus, on the Plus they don't offer Magride. So took one for a test drive and found it horrible compared to my R8's that had it. Some is because I live in an area where are roads are crappy because of the damage they receive each winter, in an area with better roads you might be able to get away without it
Thank you for the response. I’m looking specifically at the RWD, although both are shown as options for AWD and RWD.

The quality of the roads are getting crappy everywhere, with states spending month they don‘t even have on other things. In FL, we don’t get potholes, but the excessive heat causes the roads to ‘scallop’, which is equally distressing.

LDS is shown as a $2,200 option for the RWD Huracan, and the magneto option is about $3,200.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,893 Posts
Playing around with the configurator, and I’m a bit stuck with these two options. Can someone elaborate what comes with each one and why I would consider combining the two for a RWD Spyder?

Does anyone have experience with LDS and the magnetic suspension? I had a version of LDS on a BMW, but maybe it’s different on the Lambo (on the BMW it was called adaptive steering and slowed the response at higher speeds to prevent a twitchy or nervous driver from getting into trouble).

I have a version of the Magnetic ride on the 458 and really can’t tell the difference enough to order it with another car, unless it actually does something on the Lambo.

I also don’t quite understand the codes (WT1, WT3) but the dealer could help me there.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas,

william
I was told that the LDS was well worth it even if you don't track that car. For the additional $2200 I figured why not.

The Lifestyle Pack
Anti-Theft
Lamborghini Smartphone Interface ( I still had to add if for some reason which still is not clear to me for $3600 as an option) Something to do with WT1 or WT4.
Lifting System
3-Year Maintenace Package
Cup Holder & Smoker Package

Drivers Pack
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
LMS (Magnetorheological Suspension)

That is what I got from my dealer, but there might be something more, not sure. It was all very confusing at the time. I think there is more clarity now on these packages.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Seems getting Life Style + Drivers Package is a no brainer on the RWD, gives you the magneto option along with other must have features for relatively cheap money. Found on the AWD order guide Magneto ride and LDS are both standard features. Also the AWD guide I found is for Europe, have searched for a U.S one with no luck, anyone have a link to one?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, got it. Abracadabra......Europe versus US........

I only got the RWD version, as this is where I’m focused.

All good..... I now have an idea about price range, give or take, for a decently optioned EVO Spyder RWD.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I believe the LDS has improved after the 580-2. I have neither the LDS nor Magneride and don’t feel like I’m missing out. The 580 suspension
is comfortable in Sport which im in 99% of the time and the steering is direct and responsive at parking lot and high speeds.

In my 458 I always drove in Race transmission and Bumpy road suspension.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
@wthensler, how long after you drop the order can you anticipate delivery? Charlotte has that Viola Pasifae Spyder coming in, is that of interest to you?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,893 Posts
@wthensler, how long after you drop the order can you anticipate delivery? Charlotte has that Viola Pasifae Spyder coming in, is that of interest to you?
You should see if Charlotte will let you post the entire spec on here. Then we could see the options. That color seems to be gaining popularity.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
You should see if Charlotte will let you post the entire spec on here. Then we could see the options. That color seems to be gaining popularity.
Drives me nuts that Lambo will not post their inventory. My local dealership has a couple very nice Evo RWD Spyders but would never know that from their site.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
^^^The orange Spyder is a nice color.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Charlotte is not open until Monday but I bet they already have the Monroney sticker or spec sheet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kn
I was told approximately 6 mo. which would put me at a June delivery.

I know about the Viola car and will see it when it comes in, my primary reason is to test out the sport seats with the Spyder platform. Logistically I don’t have garage space right now, and in the process of building a new home, so it would be a bit of a scramble. So I’m taking it one step at a time.

Btw, Jeff told me the STO will be there on display for a few days as well! He already said it’s not for me (lol!), but hey a guy can dream, can’t he?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drives me nuts that Lambo will not post their inventory. My local dealership has a couple very nice Evo RWD Spyders but would never know that from their site.
View attachment 291053
It is a corporate Lambo thing from what I’m told. Makes no sense to me - something about rotation and limiting cars on a website. And I thought Ferrari was ridiculous.....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will do. I’m sure I’ll see them but they may or may not want them posted for whatever wishes. I‘ll honor their wishes as I‘m just there looking at cars, not to make enemies.

Ferrari had no problem with me sharing the window sticker of an F8 Spider build I demo’d at a Festival of Speeds event recently.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see these wild colors on the Lambos which would probably look really awful on other supercars, and they look superb on the Huracan.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Btw, Jeff told me the STO will be there on display for a few days as well! He already said it’s not for me (lol!), but hey a guy can dream, can’t he?
I must be one of the few people that have absolutely no interest in the STO. I see general excitement over the STO and I just don't get it.🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I must be one of the few people that have absolutely no interest in the STO. I see general excitement over the STO and I just don't get it.🤷‍♂️
Maybe a few years ago but at almost 60 a track focused car with a huge wing and stickers is not for me

Reactions: wthensler
1 - 20 of 39 Posts