Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody drained the coolant from a 6.0L Diablo. What is the trick. I cannot get at the plastic spigget at the bottom of the radiator. It's behind the cars frame. You can barely see it even with the wheel panel removed. Worse it's a tight wing nut made of plastic. I have already snapped off the wings!! How do other people do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If is the same as a 99, There is a small access hole in the wheel well, you need to remove the rubber plug. Problem is that the hole is small, I took a piece of copper tubing, cut a notch in it to catch the wings on the plug.
After this I found it is easier to remove the rear panel over the muffler, (two screws), then I can reach in and get at the plugs. I don't have a muffler, so it may be harder to reach if you have one
Mark

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing coolant

I was afraid of that Mark. What a pain! It looks like I will have to remove the mufflers (since I have already stripped off the wings). I will put in a proper brass spigget for next time. You would think Lamborghini would have relocated the spigget to the bottom center of the radiator!

General question to all.
The coolant is three years old. Do I really need to change it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark when you say "had voltage" could you elaborate. BTW I had to remover the muffler to get at the radiator drain stopcocks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replacing Radiator Stopcocks in a Diablo

Well I just spent this weekend draining the two radiators in my Diablo. What a pain! The stopcocks are almost impossible to get at. In order that I do not have to go through this again I replaced them with easy to get at brass spigots. I have written this up at:-

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Repairs_Changing_Radiator_Stopcock.htm

in case anybody wants to do the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts