Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some other tidbits of the egear system:

1) When starting out on even a slight incline, it will "hold" the brakes for a second or two... to give your foot enough time to go from the brake to the accelerator without rolling backwards. So there is basically no need to keep pressing the brakes while trying to accelerate uphill, if you do that and overlap it for even a fraction of a second, things can get weird.
2) That also means when you press the accelerator, there might be a fraction of a second where if feels like it's not moving forward (cue panicking!!!) but it's really just releasing the brake pedal first, then accelerating, you might also hear the brakes or car make a gentle popping sound as the brakes are released.
3) When in SPORT mode and above 4k rpm, if you initiate a downshift, it will double clutch for you, so you have some nice rev matching and what feels like a throttle blip and smoother engagement.
Infinite,
That image and information is gold! I’m going to immediately get a copy of an 06 Murci roadster and read it until I memorize it. Thanks a lot!!!

one last question, does Lamborghini prohibit someone from posting an entire ecopy of their user manuals? If not, I just might do that, as I have the tools and skilz to put them up on a few websites I own.

thanks!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Glad I can help. Yes, I really think having a manual for these things makes sense. They have so many unique features.

I wouldn't know about that, but they probably do have something against a whole manual. It's considered acceptable "fair use" to use a few pages for the purpose of reference, teaching, criticisms or commenting though.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
964 Posts
Angel, go ahead and buy a manual. For that matter I would suggest buying a workshop manual too. I think they are both around $250-$350 but when you sell your car one day they will be very welcome to a buyer. And you can use them right now as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Angel, go ahead and buy a manual. For that matter I would suggest buying a workshop manual too. I think they are both around $250-$350 but when you sell your car one day they will be very welcome to a buyer. And you can use them right now as well.
Diablo,
Thanks for the advice.
I already bought the service manual. I’m actually thinking of buying the full owners manual set, as you said, it helps in resale. FYI, my Murci came with no paper work(service records). It’s one of the reasons I got a good price for it. When I purchased it, I got almost $16K in servicing done on it. It’s in mint condition. I made sure every service item was documented on paper, thus I could start a real service history for the next owner. Provenance. I’m also in the collectibles market. Provenance is everything for resale.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts