Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but did not see this addressed. I have an 08 Gallardo spider egear. The other day due most probably to driver error (being a little bit tired or lazy), I did not fully remove my finger from the shift paddle when doing an upshift. That is to say I didn’t fully let it go and I noticed I double shifted instantaneously and of course I was in the wrong gear. Owners manual says to wait one second between shifts. Just curious how much of an issue that is, and if others have found the paddles to be that sensitive in their car? An accidental double up shift in sport mode is an annoyance but the converse can be bad: an accidental double downshift could red line the car. I am trying to ascertain if I should change the springs or the paddles or if this was simply user error with a new car. Much thanks for your responses in advance.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Double or accidental shifts happened to me plenty of times. They want the mechanism to be sensitive, I suppose. No real harm in that if we’re more deliberate & focused.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,027 Posts
What's worse is accidentally downshifting when you meant to upshift!! No idea how I did that, but I did.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I’ve done that too, but fortunately not in any kind of dramatic, over-rev fashion.
I am sure many others have done it, and it can actually blow your engine from what I have been told as the limiter does not kick in when downshifting. I saw my tach almost hit redline and I quickly hit the other paddle. It is really a horrible feeling! (Like "idiot" feeling).

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the understanding per the owners manual that in sport mode there is no Revlimiter but in auto mode there is. No one drives in auto in order to save their clutch and I never do either. I guess we have to be very careful. Thanks for the responses

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Yes in sport mode if I got too far past redline it automatically shifts, I drive in sport now, because I as always hitting the limiter in corsa. Sport keeps me safe. Downshifting is another story.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The one time I got close to over-rev was in my Huracan. I saw or read that you can simply hold the downshift lever back and it will slide all the way to the lowest relevant gear.

Turns out it actually seems to slide right past the lowest “relevant” gear

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
Never use the paddles (except to engage Drive)......probably should at least try it out.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
The paddles are way too much fun. I’ve gotten to know mine and how to use them in ways I never thought possible. It’s kind of like a musical instrument and I play an incredible and exciting tune with them. I can actually control the snaps and pops and even the intensity of them just by combining speed, RPMs and downshifting. Fun is an understatement.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
The paddles are way too much fun. I’ve gotten to know mine and how to use them in ways I never thought possible. It’s kind of like a musical instrument and I play an incredible and exciting tune with them. I can actually control the snaps and pops and even the intensity of them just by combining speed, RPMs and downshifting. Fun is an understatement.
I try it out......(y)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never use the paddles (except to engage Drive)......probably should at least try it out.
Wait if you never use the paddles, that implies you've never used Corsa mode right?

It's my understanding that paddles are required in Corsa. You're not getting the full bull!

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
Wait if you never use the paddles, that implies you've never used Corsa mode right?

It's my understanding that paddles are required in Corsa. You're not getting the full bull!
Correct.....drive mostly in Sport mode. I guess this is one time being "full of Bull" is a good thing. ;)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I don't think I've ever double shifted up or down in corsa by mistake. I double shifted down once on track corner on "purpose" which was not a good experience (bless the traction control, it saved my life). Sensitive paddle shifting is the best for me.

Red lining often is not very good but occasionally it's really not a prob. The engine can take it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Correct.....drive mostly in Sport mode.
It’s possible to drive in “sport mode” with paddles too. You just need to press the “manual” button, OR first go into corsa then back to sport, because corsa auto-selects “manual” shifting mode.

I can’t even fathom not using paddles, but then again I was a manual transmission guy my entire life.

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I test drove an LP Gallardo and a Huracan, the Huracan had a faster lap time but it was my impression was that the Gallardo just kicked harder, and was funner.

But then I realized I was in Automatic in the Huracan, and might've been in Strada. So I'm not gonna make judgments when I haven't even used paddles in Corsa yet.

·
Registered
369 Posts
then I realized I was in Automatic in the Huracan, and might've been in Strada. So I'm not gonna make judgments when I haven't even used paddles in Corsa yet.
I’m pretty hard core, and while the Gallardo is fun, using paddles on Huracan in corsa or sport is utterly precise & eviscerating relative to the Gallardo.

Gallardo is fun, but I would never go back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya, I feel like I didn't get the full Huracan experience by driving in Automatic.

Have you ever drove a Performante? If so, how would you compare it to the driving of your Huracan?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Have you ever drove a Performante? If so, how would you compare it to the driving of your Huracan?
I haven’t because I simply can’t afford one, and I don’t want to know :)

One YouTube reviewer said that the HP’s performance delta didn’t quite justify its price premium, so he would just get a normal H... but I think the specialness of the HP adds to the overal experience even beyond performance.

I would own one if I could afford it.

My 580-2 is “good enough” though. It really is amazing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Was that Youtube reviewer Doug DeMuro? I saw he expressed a similar sentiment.

Also, Performante ride is a bit harsher, I've heard.

I can imagine! Regular Huracan is an incredible car, and especially in the color you have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts