Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
What about scanners guys? Any recommendations? I'm in Ontario (Canada). Not sure if this is allowed on the forum... my apologies if it isn't.
I bought in intel MK906BT. $1299 from Wal Mart of all places. It resets the service intervals and also re programs keys and bleed brakes. It is the scan tool a tech told me to get.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Also, make note. When cold starting or after she has been sitting for a bit, the RPM will Red Line at 6K until the oil temp reaches a certain point, which at that point the RPM Red Line will jump to 8.5k.

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,739 Posts
I can’t give you my secret weapon against LEO.........well, I can at least tell you........my wife rides shotgun and breaks out the WAZE. :giggle:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I can’t give you my secret weapon against LEO.........well, I can at least tell you........my wife rides shotgun and breaks out the WAZE. :giggle:
Hahahah. I don't know if I can trust WAZE... or at least focus on it when driving at speeds where I'm worried about our friends and their radars.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,590 Posts
Having your own compressor is a big time saver. A couple of times a year I check the tires on all my cars and make adjustments quickly and accurately.
I check the tires on my Lambo monthly. If it needs adjustments I like to do it before it shows up on the screen. I don’t like having to reset the computer, so I stay ahead of it.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
I hear you Russ.....smart!

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
:giggle: This is a hobby........having fun is what it’s all about. ;)

Reactions: Russk

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Great advice Albert, feels much safer doing that at home…
Glad it helped. As I have said before collectively we are formidable. ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
No, just wait about 10 minutes of driving and your tires should be warm enough to romp on it. Be careful about the 1 to 2 switch, you can get sideways under full power.
Mine displays the tire temps while viewing the tire pressure screen.

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey All!

As I get ready to pickup my first ever Lamborghini next week (18' Huracan Performante Spyder), can some of the vets give me and other new owners some tips in a DO's and DONT's format? For example, what oil temps and water temps before pushing the car. Downshifting while accelerating? How to care for the Alcantara? Nose lift while driving at high speeds in bumpy roads?

I think it would be very helpful and much appreciated!
Never let a valet park it and be socially responsible - don't be an asshole like most ferrari owners lol

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Burning question - should you/can you accelerate when downshifting?
Yes, the dual clutch is computer controlled so, the computer is adept enough to handle acceleration during a downshift.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
85 Posts
Lots of good comments here. Here's another tip: Don't swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid roadkill :)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Here's another tip: Don't swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid roadkill :)
Oh, that's good, I am writing it down and taping it to the windshield so I never forget.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts