Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

As I get ready to pickup my first ever Lamborghini next week (18' Huracan Performante Spyder), can some of the vets give me and other new owners some tips in a DO's and DONT's format? For example, what oil temps and water temps before pushing the car. Downshifting while accelerating? How to care for the Alcantara? Nose lift while driving at high speeds in bumpy roads?

I think it would be very helpful and much appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pay attention to see if someone is following you before you go home. I’ve had a couple people follow me home.

I read my owners manual about two months after I bought the car and it definitely answered some of those other questions. For a Gallardo it says you can drive it right away, you don’t need a warmup, BUT don’t push it hard until the coolant temp is at the second line on the gauge.

It also says if you’ve been driving hard then you need to let it idle for a couple minutes before you turn it off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pay attention to see if someone is following you before you go home. I’ve had a couple people follow me home.

I read my owners manual about two months after I bought the car and it definitely answered some of those other questions. For a Gallardo it says you can drive it right away, you don’t need a warmup, BUT don’t push it hard until the coolant temp is at the second line on the gauge.

It also says if you’ve been driving hard then you need to let it idle for a couple minutes before you turn it off.
The first line is what my mom worries about the most! I'll be sure she doesn't read this lmao :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
People follow me all the time, I’ve only had the car for about three months too.

I’ve had two people follow me into the golf course parking lot and then stop me to ask questions about my car. I’ve had one follow me into a gas station and ask me questions. It happens a lot. One person talked to me at the gas station then followed me straight home. I didn’t realize they were following me until I saw them drive past my driveway

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,852 Posts
I am not sure on the Performante but on my 2019 580-2 the water temp was on the left side of the dash (first image/yellow arrow) and the oil pressure/temp and battery charge was at the top of the center console (second image).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,637 Posts
Learn to respect the power. So many new owners end up crashing their cars because they accelerate at the wrong times, like going around a corner. It is easy to lose it if you are not familiar with the cars limits.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Additional Recommendations:

1. When I start the car I sit there until the idle comes down which takes a minute or so then I pull away
2. I believe the water temp should be at 90 degrees when it is adequately warmed up
3. Let the tires warm up before you start to lean on your Huracan for optimal traction
4. Don’t leave the front axle lift in the up position for extended periods of time. My routine was after I got up my driveway, the driveway from hell, I made a point of lowering the FAL before shutting off the Huracan. Note at high speeds the FAL will go to the down position so if there are bumps on the roads you travel that you can't clear while traveling at high speeds....AVOID! If your car is transported make sure the put the FAL down while in transport
5. When cleaning the car it is best not to aim the stream of water into the open vents on the side or into the engine bay
6. Not a big fan of launches but would advise if you are so disposed wait until you get comfortable with your Bull
7. Use Sonax to clean the Alcantara and if you have an Alcantara steering wheel I would advise the use of leather driving gloves. There are several YouTube videos that explain how to properly use the Sonax and they will be helpful.
8. When I am not driving I keep my car on the tender and with the quick pigtail attachment it takes a second to hook-up and unhook as needed.....but only really necessary if you don't intend to drive it for a week or two.........having said that, I personally always keep it on the tender whenever I am not driving
9. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
16,637 Posts
Nice write-up Albert, I really like number #9!

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Thanks Russ. I also want to echo what has been stated above, that is, I was followed home several time in both in my Porsches and Lamborghinis' and did't realize it until I arrived home. Once in my 3RS a pickup truck was racing to catch a glimpse of my Lizard Green 3RS......which got a little dicey. Mostly people love the cars but there are a few haters out there so be prepared. Once when leaving a Porsche meet in our 2RS I was driving on a two laned road at the posted speed limit and Bubba in his pickup truck extended his arm out the window and gave the wife an I the one finger salute for a couple of blocks as he drove along side of us. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,637 Posts
I have been fortunate to have had only 1 negative experience and it wasn't really that bad. I have had people follow me but then I don't go home. I usually pull into the closest mall or shopping center and get out of the car. Most of the time they either just keep going or park and ask if they can take some pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about scanners guys? Any recommendations? I'm in Ontario (Canada). Not sure if this is allowed on the forum... my apologies if it isn't.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
OP, one thing I would consider buying is a good air compressor. I prefer not to use the air pumps at the gas stations because they are poorly maintained and often when you use them you wind up putting more water than air in the tire and/or wind up releasing more air than you put in. I bought a Bostitch Air Compressor Kit, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI and that came with a 50' hose and attachments plus I purchased a Tuisy Digital Tire Pressure Gauge. There are quite a few good compressors and gauges on the market so choose whichever one works best for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OP, one thing I would consider buying is a good air compressor. I prefer not to use the air pumps at the gas stations because they are poorly maintained and often when you use them you wind up putting more water than air in the tire and/or wind up releasing more air than you put in. I bought a Bostitch Air Compressor Kit, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI and that came with a 50' hose and attachments plus I purchased a Tuisy Digital Tire Pressure Gauge. There are quite a few good compressors and gauges on the market so choose whichever one works best for you.
Mind sending me the links for both? Was actually looking into these today! Thanks bro.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Amazon no longer carries these but you can find other Box stores that do:

Also a good tire gauge:

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Having your own compressor is a big time saver. A couple of times a year I check the tires on all my cars and make adjustments quickly and accurately.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
329 Posts
Great advice Albert, feels much safer doing that at home…

1 - 20 of 83 Posts