Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone had a post about door shocks replacement. I just did mine on the diablo and it took 20 minutes for the first and 10 for the second. i had never done this before. On the first one i attampted to take off the door panel but that is not necessary. the second one i just took out the bottom screws and the moldind on the top by the window, swung the panel out and stuck my arm in there. of course you need someone to hold the door, which is not bad at all. averall its an easy job. The shocks were $ 112 each. what should also be done is lubricate the hinges. i havent figured out how to do this yet. I cant find my manual, so if anyone here has one please share the info. how do we get whatever lube they recommend inside the hinge?? :confused:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I use WD40 for the hinges...

·
Registered
73 Posts
i posted the door shock thread. i was told by the dealer it would cost just under 500 to replace each. interesting. i am short on time even for a small task such as what you described, but i may give it a shot. what year is your car? is it the same set up as the 99?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Can one of you guys see if there is anykind of part number on the old shock. I bet we can get them from NAPA or someone else.... I'm about ready to change one of mine also...

·
Registered
73 Posts
does anyone know of a step by step guide for the replacement (illustrated if possible). chances are it is so basic that nobody has considered it, but then again, none of you would ant me to work on your car

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Never done it, but prop the door up with a broom handle, take off nuts and bolts on each end, pull out shock, put new one in. I'm not looking at it, but it can't be much harder than that can it?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
LOL I guess I shoulda looked first, looks a little more complicated. You have to take the door panels and trim off who knows what else. Would be a good "Lamboweb" project for someone to submit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts