Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a delay in the door mechanism when opening it from the outside?
I have a 2016 aventador SV. Just had to replace the supercapacitor, battery, and starter due to issues with the car starting. Got the car back today and noticed that the drivers side door mechanism now has a slight delay when opening it from the outside. I click the button and the window goes down a little bit, but takes about 2-3 seconds for the mechanism to actually unlatch the door, for the door to open. I even had the door open and tried the handle to see what the issue was, and it still persisted. I click the handle, and it takes about 2-3 seconds to hear the unlatch mechanism in action.
The passenger side door is unlatching normally, immediately when you click the handle, so I have a feeling its an issue with the drivers side mechanism as it has definitely been used more in the cars life.

Anyone experience this in their Aventador? Is this is a sign the mechanism is going to need replacement soon?

Love the SV but these types of issues have me seriously missing my performante!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi S.R,

Just replaced the battery on my aventador and i'm currently experiencing the same issue as you. What was the outcome for your car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi S.R,

Just replaced the battery on my aventador and i'm currently experiencing the same issue as you. What was the outcome for your car?
Here is what I was told to do by a Lambo tech, and it worked!

Turn the ignition on. Roll the window all the way down. Then all the way up. Let go of the button. Then within 3 seconds. Hold the button in the up position for about 5 seconds then recheck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts