Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Huracan Spyder came with the Door Logo light which projects on the ground when you open the door. Apparently it's an option included in the "other MSRP options" so Im not sure about the cost. Anyway while it's kinda cute I would almost prefer the lighted door sill which I had on my R8. You cannot see the projection in the daytime whereas the lighted door sill was always visible and really added a nice classy touch.
Curious what others think?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,108 Posts
Is the logo light in the door jamb itself or the bottom of the door which projects on the ground?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the logo light in the door jamb itself or the bottom of the door which projects on the ground?
yes bottom of the door....

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not sure if Huracan light has special housing but the projector can be had for $5 to $20 on eBay or Amazon.

Hot Welcome Light Logo LED Step Door Courtesy Ghost Shadow Laser Projector BMW | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/Xprite-Generation-Projector-Shadow-Lamborghini/dp/B00SM7B2VE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492990185&sr=8-3&keywords=lamborghini%2Blight&th=1

I wouldn't drill my door for this. If Huracan has door light like this:

You can find a compatible laser light for a different logo and swap the lambo projector lens in.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,108 Posts
I didn't know there was anything that cost $5 to $20 for a lambo Lol!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I didn't know there was anything that cost $5 to $20 for a lambo Lol!
Russk, these lights are standard out of the VW shelf. Now there are some chinese company that created the light with LED and a film with the logo of your choice. Most have a ring around the logo. I installed one in my wifes BMW and since the logo is round it looks good. But I haven't seen one with the Lambo logo that looks ok. The original one looks better and seems to be visible at daylight too.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
How hard is it to remove the existing door lights
I have ordered a set

Any instructions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very easy to swap. Use a plastic thinner knife at one end of the light and just flick it out. Unplug fitting replug into new one then just puts it in.
If it feel tight when trying to get out try the other end as they only come out one way

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Very easy to swap. Use a plastic thinner knife at one end of the light and just flick it out. Unplug fitting replug into new one then just puts it in.
If it feel tight when trying to get out try the other end as they only come out one way
Thankyou:wave:

·
Registered
161 Posts
How hard is it to remove the existing door lights
I have ordered a set

Any instructions?
My dealer installed it as one of their thank you gestures and I like it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks...It was a very easy install...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts