Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a hell of a scare yesterday with my 6.0L Diablo. I drove it for about an hour and parked it for about 3 hours in an open parking lot, using the radio key to electronically lock the car (3 beeps). It was hot (but not excessive ~90F). Anyway I went to open the car one press (one beep) and the solonoid could be heard to open, but then it immediatly clicked shut again. I tried it a few times, same thing. I then manually inserted the key to open the door lock it would not open. I went to the other side door same thing. Unfortunatly I did not take note of exactly what I did next. I tried locking the car remotely a few times and then opening it again. Finally it released and opended.

I had one hell of a scare! I did not know this could happen. Has anybody else seen this kind of thing happen. I have tested it a few times since with no problems, but I worry about Murphy striking again when it's not a good time.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
How Old is the Car Battery?

Never had this happen on a Lambo..but on Ferraris if the battery gets weak it won't completely trip the solenoid and it will sit there and half click which sounds like maybe what you are describing?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About a 1 year old Altima, red top. Seen no indication of low battery. ie engine swings well with starter motor. It sounded like the solonid actually pulled out and then pulled back almost as if I was relocking the door. May be some kind of freek signal problem from handheld radio key. Experience though has thought me these things seldom go away themselves! Lets see if anybody else has seen it JRV.

Thanks for suggestion.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I had the same happening to my 6.0se, mine alsostarted doing it on the lock side, (wont lock) till it got so bad I brought it in. They found the door lock and strike were out of alingment, causing it to catch, (not release) and not catch (not lock). I was still under warranty. Was told common thing on the 01 6.0 doors going out of alingment.

Roytoy Seattle

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other 6L's out there have this problem? I am not sure its an alingment problem Roytoy because in my case I heard the bolt opening but then it immediatly sounded like it was closing again. it dis not sound like it was jammed. May take a look inside though.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Actually what Roy said has a lot of merit, migh not be your problem John, however I would have a careful look at both the alignment of pin and striker plate and insure the latch catches on both notches on both doors. I've had alignment/full engagement issues on 2 cars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
my early diablo did this and it was an alignment on the door release mechanism. If it is cocked it will hang up about halfway down and you cant unlock the door or open it.
dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
John,

My car did this for some time.It eventually went away on its own.I believe its a malfunction in the alarm itself.

When it starts malfunctioning it actually clicks the door unlocked,then locks it again quickly.What I would do is keep my finger on the door button,press the key fob,then after the first click,quickly open the door.The alarm will cycle the door locked and unlocked repeatedly for a few seconds then it will go away.After a few times like this the problem went away and never returned.

Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
A fairly common occurence in Sydney Australia was for remote key fobs not to work because of radio intereference from nearby buildings or aerials. Some buildings have a huge amount of radio transmission going on, or nearby radio/tv transmitting aerials are busy filling the airwaves with signals. I had a couple of (Japanese) cars that in some specific car parks just would not unlock by using the remote. Usually however you could get in by manually using the key.
Sounds like this reason is unlikely in your case though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Door not opening

Thanks Joe, I think in effect that is what I did. ie. held open butten down while pressing the fob. I was so flustered when it happened I was not thinking straight.
It has been 4 months and it has not happened again since. I am beginning to ease up though it is a frustrating worry. I will let everybody know if it happens again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts