Lamborghini Talk banner

Door handle, problem

946 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Magnus 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have problem with opening my left door on my Murci LP640.
Its no problem to open the door with the outside-door-handle but when I want to open it from the inside the doorhandle does not work. Probably some mechanical issue.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

BR
/Magnus

#2 ·
Because your problem is only from the inside and not from the outside there is not likely to be any issue with the door latch mechanism and striker. Even so the easiest thing you can do first is lubricate the mechanism and see if it fixes the problem. If not, you will need to inspect the mechanical system that operates the door mechanism from the inside. To do this you will need to remove the door panel (very easy) and there are 2 things to inspect:

1. The connection between most of the linkages and the door lock assembly normally has plastic bushings on all of the points that pivot. These bushings sometimes break and cause extra play in the system.

2. Inspect the general travel of all of the linkages. There is some adjustment and it may be necessary to add a little tension to the assembly that goes off of the door handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.