Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had a little to much fun with a miura sv once, blew the tires just as it was starting to overheat. I did lots of stupid things with Lambos growing up, like the time I "borrowed" my uncles islero when I was 13 to take my friends fishing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Whats stupid about doing donuts? As long as you dont hit a parked car or a curb your fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One or two donuts is fine but ive found if you eat too many then its hard to get in and out of these cars without ending up looking like a drunken beached whale and its a bit snug when your in :D :D :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
chris_m said:
One or two donuts is fine but ive found if you eat too many then its hard to get in and out of these cars without ending up looking like a drunken beached whale and its a bit snug when your in :D :D :D
Oh we have some humor now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
rampante said:
Guess there's nothing wrong with donuts as long as you have the "dough" to purchase 4 new ones (tires) :D
4? 2 is all you need. Where did you get 4 from? AWD cars cant do burnouts or cookies as its called here. I just got a my SS about 6 months ago and I do cookies and burnouts all the time. You should have seen thee one today when I left work today. There is a question I have. Why buy a fast car and drive it like a old guy. I bought a fast car so I can drive it fast.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I never understood why people want to produce donuts and burnouts.
For me donuts is something to eat and burnouts is best done with specially built dragsters.
Doing such nonsense with a street car will ruin the clutch, the halfshafts and the tires. I cannot imagine a more stupid way to reduce the lifetime of these parts than doing donuts and burnouts :p

·
Registered
221 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
There is a question I have. Why buy a fast car and drive it like a old guy. I bought a fast car so I can drive it fast.
OK, here goes doing donuts in any car is very very abusive to the differential and drive train period. The heat and wear created in the differential by pointlessly spinning a car around in circles is enormous! It might not matter as much to some when you are talking about the every day car IE: (Chevelle, Mustang, ect..) parts are cheap and easy to obtain, the cost of a brand new auburn gear posi unit for an Mopar 8 3/4" rear end is $400.00 and I can install one in about 2 hours.

If I were to guess the cost of a new posi unit for the Countach, I would say it would cost thousands of dollars if it was even available and the time and labor to replace such a unit would not be cheap nor short, so I ask you who would spend six figures on a car and then needlessly destroy it? No, Donuts are not a good thing to do in such a car. I hope that helps and answers your question.

Sincerely Vic :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Redlambo said:
OK, here goes doing donuts in any car is very very abusive to the differential and drive train period. The heat and wear created in the differential by pointlessly spinning a car around in circles is enormous! It might not matter as much to some when you are talking about the every day car IE: (Chevelle, Mustang, ect..) parts are cheap and easy to obtain, the cost of a brand new auburn gear posi unit for an Mopar 8 3/4" rear end is $400.00 and I can install one in about 2 hours.

If I were to guess the cost of a new posi unit for the Countach, I would say it would cost thousands of dollars if it was even available and the time and labor to replace such a unit would not be cheap nor short, so I ask you who would spend six figures on a car and then needlessly destroy it? No, Donuts are not a good thing to do in such a car. I hope that helps and answers your question.

Sincerely Vic :)
I understand where your coming from with the first paragraph. The second one I do too but if you have money for a $100,000+ car you should have the money to spend on maintence. And you say needlessly destroy it well how many lambo owners drive them over 150mph? Spinning the engine to 5000+ RPMs isnt the best for a car either. It makes the life of the car a lot shorter. I drive my car the same way, 150+ and burnouts and cookies.

I'm just saying I would love to see someone in a lambo and drive it like I drive my SS. If I had the money I would definalty do it if I had one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
how many lambo owners drive them over 150mph? Spinning the engine to 5000+ RPMs isnt the best for a car either. It makes the life of the car a lot shorter.
I dissagree, there is no problem turning the engine up to redline or driving them 150 MPH plus that is what these cars were designed for. The LP5000S Countach has a redline of 7000 RPM's, it has an oil cooler and I believe it holds 16 Quarts of oil.

I could barely afford my dream of owning a countach, it took four years of college and 18 years of hard work and savings I would not do anything abusive to it, because I appreciate it to much.

Besides I have other 1970 vintage "Muscle Cars" to suit those impulsive needs. Old Detroit Iron could take a beating and when broken it was cheap, easy and fast to fix, but we are talking about Lamborghini's here and they are not cheap, easy or fast to fix.

Hopefully you will get the opportunity to go for a ride in one, after that the donuts and burnouts will not matter that much.

Happy cruising, Sincerely Vic :wave:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts