Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hang out on the Corvette boards as well and the question on there is now that the Vette is mid engine with a DCT with under 3 second 0-60 and under $60,000 will it make exotic car owners reconsider say a 580-2 that's 3 times more or will they continue to buy one for the name and not care for the other because it's a chevy? Will your mind change when the Z version has the DOHC twin turbo engine and optional electric AWD?

Also the second pic is a protoype. While they obviously didn't go with it, it's interesting to see how they almost used the Huracan's rear window vent idea and raise the lower vent up and made it functional.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,675 Posts
It’s a great car and not just for the money although that makes very appealing, but my answer is still no. I wouldn’t mind one for daily use, but my prime time will always be with my Lamborghini.

·
Registered
919 Posts
C8 Corvette is beautiful and sporty. That is it.
Europe is the Motherland of Supercars. I perfectly understand it. My stance is to drive Gallardo or Huracan as a daily car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A corvette isnt an exotic. While the specs are impressive, it isnt comparable to Lambo, Ferrari or McLaren. I dont see ownersof thesethree brands trading in for the c8. The fit and finish of the interior were not even close to the exotics. Perhaps this has improved with the c8 . I would be surprised if many Porsche owners switched to Corvette. They seem particularly loyal to their brand.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,675 Posts
I love what the new vettes key fob does. Multifunctional.

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is levels to everything life. A Lambo is a Lambo for a reason, its not just about price and performance. As nice as the new Corvette is, I am a fan and can't wait to see them hitting the streets, it just isn't and will never be a Lambo.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
As nice as the new Corvette is, I am a fan and can't wait to see them hitting the streets, it just isn't and will never be a Lambo.
Lol... don’t worry. They’ll be everywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks cool, and even thought it's fast, after 6 months of it's release you will see it everyday. So it will just be another corvette driving down the street.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The C-8 is amazing to see in person. It is many levels above previous years of Corvettes as far as finish, etc., plus it is a mid engine with a 0-60 of less than 3 seconds. It looks much nicer in person, and I'll know once I drive one if it is as good as my Gallardo.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Hello.

What do you drive?

A Chevrolet.

Oh.
Looks cool, and even thought it's fast, after 6 months of it's release you will see it everyday. So it will just be another corvette driving down the street.
Hell no, in the end all you have is an American made GM product. I'll pass.
LOL...right on. I still don't know why Chevrolet and Lamborghini should be allowed to be in the same sentence.

Dammit...I just did it myself. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Corvette has a lot of nostalgia going for it in the good old USA that many of you may not fully understand or appreciate. It represents freedom and patriotism in America and has been purposefully designed and built to be affordable by many, not by the few.

It has been a favorite of our military service men and women, and our astronauts. it also ranks number one as the vehicle most designed and built in the USA, by people and parts made in the USA, above all other cars, and thus has earned a reputation as the only true American Sports Car.

The Corvette isn’t an exotic car, and doesn’t want to be. People are proud to own it not because it is expensive and rare, but because it is a Corvette. Think of it instead as a Harley Davidson motorcycle. It serves exactly the same purpose and targets the same market.

Corvette drivers love to see other corvettes on the road, they do not cringe when they see each other, they smile and wave. The Corvette can have this same effect on a Lambo owner while driving a Corvette (I know, I have both).

So again, the Corvette is not an exotic and could never be a Lamborghini. However, a Lamborghini could never defeat a Corvette at what the Corvette really is. They are both a different sort of “special”, but while a Lambo could be swapped for a Ferrari, the Corvette has no similar “peer”.

The fact that a Corvette, made for everyone, can compete for speed and performance numbers with a Lambo, is nuts amazing, and does deserve respect.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Corvette has a lot of nostalgia going for it in the good old USA that many of you may not fully understand or appreciate. It represents freedom and patriotism in America and has been purposefully designed and built to be affordable by many, not by the few.

It has been a favorite of our military service men and women, and our astronauts. it also ranks number one as the vehicle most designed and built in the USA, by people and parts made in the USA, above all other cars, and thus has earned a reputation as the only true American Sports Car.

The Corvette isn’t an exotic car, and doesn’t want to be. People are proud to own it not because it is expensive and rare, but because it is a Corvette. Think of it instead as a Harley Davidson motorcycle. It serves exactly the same purpose and targets the same market.

Corvette drivers love to see other corvettes on the road, they do not cringe when they see each other, they smile and wave. The Corvette can have this same effect on a Lambo owner while driving a Corvette (I know, I have both).

So again, the Corvette is not an exotic and could never be a Lamborghini. However, a Lamborghini could never defeat a Corvette at what the Corvette really is. They are both a different sort of “special”, but while a Lambo could be swapped for a Ferrari, the Corvette has no similar “peer”.

The fact that a Corvette, made for everyone, can compete for speed and performance numbers with a Lambo, is nuts amazing, and does deserve respect.
Well said, thank you. The C8 has the performance and looks of an exotic. We should all be rooting for an American made car. Lamborghini is the king of the automotive world, but we can still appreciate other cars!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts