Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does my battery go dead because the lambo (93 diablo) draws a small charge even when off ?

i just put a new battery in for safe measure parked it up for a couple of weeks and the battery was not charged enough to turn the motor

i trickled it and sure enough its fine now, i found the knob behind the drivers left ear, what is the purpose of this ? is it to prevent the battery drain problem

thanks for the help !

pabs

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
The switch behind the driver side seat is exactly what you said. If you are going to not start the car for a few weeks it is important that you turn this off. Not having the battery turned on may also hurt the computers. Also, I put a Battery tender on mine, not a trickle charger. I've heard they sometimes blow-up the battery. :eek: The tender turns off when charged fully.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yes all cars have a Drain even when off, some more than others.

Lamborghinis and Ferraris are Notorious for killing Batteries after 2-3 weeks or longer of sitting.

You should ALWAYS use the Kill Switch (Battery Disconect) behind the Drivers seat when the car will be sitting.

Also, the Addition of an Optima Red Top or Yellow Top and also a "Battery Maintainer" (not trickle charger) plugged in during idle spells will keep the Battery in top condition and allow it to always be ready to start even after periods of non use. Also running the Alternator constantly on a Low Battery will severaly reduce how long the Alternator lives .

HTH's

JRV

·
Registered
584 Posts
Echo above comments, small drain even when sitting.

FWIW - I had a weird problem where I had a timer problem. When you open or close the doors a timer keeps the interior light on for a few minutes, then shuts it off.

Well, in the middle of the night the timer would go on by itself. Did not know until I walked in the garage at 1am and saw lights on. Then they went off, then on, etc. Normally i would not notice because I use a cover.

Anyway the timer is about $40 and is a plug and play fix. Since then I can leave my car for a week with the battery swtich on and no problems starting...

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
hi guys...
ive owned 2 diablo's...92 and 98 ......i upgraded the altenators......it helped allot....pluss u have to keep the car runinng and the cutt off switch off when u exit the car.....this will make life esiar for any diablo owner :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts